Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My newest Rig, Garrett GTI2500

Jcpmxcn

So, I was looking to purchase the Garrett AT Pro. But came across this Garrett GTI2500 at 400.00, Boy there is so much bells and whistles on this thing, probably more than I will need. The constant hum is annoying. I took it out today and compared it against my Ace 150. Found more clad "pennies" with the Ace vs the 2500 quarter and ear ring (not gold) and a small cross charm (not gold). how many of you have or have owned the GTI2500? Are you happy with it? Maybe I need to get to learn it.

The constant hum is the thershold and you can turn it down . the gti 2500 is a great md i traded the one i had for a like new at gold and miss it very much . in all medal its the deepest vlf metal detector i have had ..put the 5x8 coil on it and it will keep up with the at pro and at gold .. http://www.kellycodetectors.com/pdf/manuals/gti_2500.pdf

Thank you for posting that link. It's been very useful.

have one and love it. I have found thousands of coins and rings with it. Once you learn the imaging and it's limitations, it saves you a lot of time by leaving larger then coin sized objects in the ground. The true all metal mode goes "DEEP"! Notching allows you to discriminate out the junk targets without losing depth. Below is a histogram comparing the 2500 with other Garrett detectors. It is an air test, and depth results will vary from one area to another area. The true all metal mode can be ground balanced to ground conditions. The photo of the GTI 2500 shows the notches removed to tweak it up for Canadian coinage (clad)

have one and love it. I have found thousands of coins and rings with it. Once you learn the imaging and it's limitations, it saves you a lot of time by leaving larger then coin sized objects in the ground. The true all metal mode goes "DEEP"! Notching allows you to discriminate out the junk targets without losing depth. Below is a histogram comparing the 2500 with other Garrett detectors. It is an air test, and depth results will vary from one area to another area. The true all metal mode can be ground balanced to ground conditions. Below is a field test fro Lost Treasure Magazine.

https://www.losttreasure.com/Home/FieldTestDetail/6202

Thank you for posting, that's a very interesting post. I did learn a little about this machine vs the Ace 150. I was digging up everything with the 150, but with the 2500 I used the imaging and was able to find better targets. below is what I found. The ring appears to be 10k but there's no marking. So I have to get it tested.

That imaging feature is a real blessing once you get used to how it works. You have to be dead center over the target to ge the most accuracy with the sizing of a target.

Have to admit the all metal mode that ID's found my deepest silver dime which was over a foot deep with correct ID, however its a noisy mode.
Con's its big and boxy but indeed a coin magnet...never used the cache coil setup but understand from feedback it does the job....

Nickles and dimes seem to be almost nonexistent with this machine, found very few.

Nickles and dimes seem to be almost nonexistent with this machine, found very few. Hopefully this new sniper coil will help.

I used my AT-Pro exclusively after I bought it. Earlier this year I dragged out my 2500 for one hunt and never stopped using it. I really love mine and have dug over 50,000 coins with it mostly in discriminate mode. Does your have treasure talk? That would mean it's an older model. Awhile back, I contacted Garrett who said they would upgrade mine, but that I would lose treasure talk. I passed. $400 is a great price and as I'm sure you've found by now, it is not as complicated as it seems at first.

That is strange. I keep detailed records of all my hunts. Over the years my nickel percentage is right around 10% with my 2500. My dime percentage is around 31%. Quarters 24%. Pennies around 34%. The rest, less than 1%, would be any other coin including foreign, half dollars, dollars.

Another GTI2500 user here ... I just got mine two weeks ago, and it's excellent. Deep and stable.

Here (Northeast Florida) I'm finding silver in parks, and today found a Russian 1-ruble coin on a Florida beach -- how to figure that one out?

Anyone with feedback -- how are you doing with your GTI2500?

Joe