Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My NOKTA IMPACT VIDEO and some ramblings

Keith Southern

deals mainly with the well known nail board test and some examples of mixed modes..

and a couple of quick things ..the Gen(D) mode is unique in its report and a Industry first....its still limited to VLF phases shifting behavior..but what I like about it is

What the Gen(d) mode does is somehow take a disc sample and through processing lean the threshold low or high at shallower depths...yet its also a delta pitch so as the targets get real deep the weak low tone and the weak high tone become the same tone......I asked Alper if there was a way to divide that tone separation at further depth and He said no...and We know why..Disc depth is disc depth..

Yet this is not a problem for the seasoned all metal hunter..its actually a confidence booster and assurer ...while still retaining that True all metal feel..Instead of overlaying a disc tone on top of a all metal threshold Alper just manipulates the swing of the threshold it so seems...the threshold is true single channel all metal I feel..Not a Faux all metal...

We are in the age of Processing it so seems and out of box TRICKS can be done to a signal..

What we get is for the first time a True discing all metal feel....and I find it very welcome..Im a old schooler all metal hunter and this just give that feel in a Modern twist....and its still true all metal threshold feel its just Souped up..ENHANCED and a pleasure to run on isolated targets especially...

We get that ultra depth all metal single channel that for the first inches are veerable/Steerable...and nothing wrong with it and I find it AWESOME and feels Natural to me...

Its not alien tech..its still a mixed mode but its a subtle mixed mode..its a mixed mode that conveys like old school threshold based all metal mode does...

Once the disc doesn't know if its ferrous or no ferrous or out of range the threshold is still wavering a target...

It feels very clean...

It's just a new way of having a combined mixed mode through Processing

its still a phase shifted report out to a certain depth...But its the way it reports through threshold manipulation...Gotta love it!!

To me the Impact has a couple of great modes..one being the Gen(D)....(((I remember I got my Impact about Halloween of last year and before that first day was out I was in AWE of the Gen(D) Talked To Alper then and a few times since on some things about it and what you see is what you get with that mode..well after five months with that mode for what in does it's worth the price of admission..Very deep If you use it WISELY..))).. and the other being a 99 tone SQUEAKER mode....

there was a lot of work done to the Audio of the impact over a Racer or Core Series..more refined..still rolling and bleeding audio but more clean and exact....

All in all its a VLF but its as good as any VLF in my opinion....its like always a users skill level will be the overall make or break of any unit. ...and some machines a person can mesh with and some they cant..its no magic stick...but it's got enough things going on that it can compete on a world stage..

And as a plus like earlier the GEN(D) to me is UNIQUE...not thats its alien tech but its anew angle and feels GOOD...

I also am proud of the Notching with iron tone assignment volume controlled....It was a idea of Mine that Alper took to hart..I had thought how about getting some RESOLUTION in the other areas of the conductance spectrum like we do in nails....So now we have the ability to hear a rejected pull tab and a co clocate say coin by using the blending open audio gate of the MakNok's..

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR459TNxe_c[/video]

Keith

thanks Keith,

my only makro/nokta experience is the GR and that is still limited as I await winter, but my short time with it and a single toned machine (2 in disc) the audio I think with some time behind the wheel can tell a lot and also in pin point mode, and I am guessing the GR is more based off the red racer platform, so I am sure this new detector as you say can sure give a lot of info via audio..

there is nowhere else to go now other than audio, I will watch the vid now.. :biggrin:

AJ

Nice write up, like the way you say its like old school threshold. What I miss in most modern day detectors and tend to revert back to some older units that have a threshold based all metal mode.

agreed on threshold the GR is the only detector I like pin point mode/am mode on its real size/real time and the modulation/pitch changes gives a lot of info on target type and I am talking about in the park.. did a video ages ago with it and lost my ph and haven't used the detector sense :sadwalk:

but it will get a run this winter for park gold...

might flog a few off try the impact see how life pans out...

sure as these hit the ground more info will come ..

anyway good luck to all those who get one!

and thanks for the video.

AJ

Good review, looks like it will be great at the iron ridden cellars. Thanks for sharing.

check this out :)

https://youtu.be/pGFi7YJrZTs

Just watched the video...interesting hmmm...don't know what to think about it yet:clsoedeyes:

I do a lot of nugget shooting with a GPX and I'm very comfortable with a threshold based all metal mode. I am very intrigued by the GEN(D) mode. Can't wait for this machine to get here.

Dean