Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Nokta Pin Pointer Review

treasure_hunter

Nokta Pin Pointer

My first photo shows that the pin pointer is shipped in a nice zip up semi-hard carry case which is nice for carrying in your suitcase or luggage for protection while traveling.

In picture 5 you can see the pin pointer comes with a nice adjustable belt and harness that attaches to the semi-hard case and can also hook to the pin pointer pouch if needed while you're detecting.

You turn on the pin pointer by holding the green button for 3 seconds; hitting the green button for about 1 second steps up the sensitivity one increment at a time to the max setting of 10, which gives you a long beep. You decrease the setting by hitting the gray button one sec, steps down the sensitivity one increment at a time to the min sensitivity, it will give you a long beep when you reach minimum setting of 1.

The Nokta pin pointer has 10 different sensitivity settings, at it's most sensitive setting (10) I could easily detect gold ring and coins at 5-6 inches, it also saw the large iron re-bar in my concrete floor at greater depth.

At setting 10 it will also pick up EMI so you have to be aware and adjust it just like you would the sensitivity on your detector. It is very stable on (:geek: and gets close to the same depth. Min sensitivity is about a half inch. Be sure to not wear any jewelry on your hand you hold pin pointer with on higher settings because at the higher settings it senses the jewelry on your hand if you hold it too low down pin pointer handle.

The pin pointer also has a very bright LED light built in the Nokta pin pointer that is turned on by touching both green and gray button at same time.

The Nokta pin pointer is rated waterproof to one meter. I put mine in a bucket of water 18 inches deep and held it there for 2 minutes, opened up the handle and no water had penetrated…

In Picture 3 you see the Nokta pin pointer also comes with two nice orange hard cases that slip over the tip, one of which is also designed for digging in the ground so you do not damage the tip of your pin pointer poking and digging in the ground with it. They snap on and off very easily and are tight enough you should not have to worry about them coming off while digging with them. (Much cheaper to replace the cover than the pin pointer).

The Nokta pin pointer is also adjustable so you can make it only beep, only vibrate, or both beep and vibrate at the same time, you can also turn the LED light on when you need it or leave it off. It is turned on and off by touching both green and gray buttons at the same time

The Nokta turns itself off after 5 minutes of non use. It uses a 9 volt battery and it comes shipped with a 9 volt battery.

My only concern with the pin pointer and the only negative feature I found so far with the Nokta pin pointer is how it sits in the carry pouch ( picture 6 ) that you attached to your waist, it sits up high in the case and is top heavy, it can fall out if your carrying it this way and lean over. It would have been nice if it sat lower in the carrying pouch and I may modify mine by cutting a hole in the end to allow it to slip down further in belt case so it doesn’t slip out while leaning over. Nokta is good about listening to their customers so they may modify the belt carry case down the road.

Over all I think it is a nice pin pointer, I especially like the tip cases that come with it as some people like to dig with the tip of the pin pointer when locating target. Should be a top competitor in the pin pointer market.

Good review...thanks! Only thing I don't like about the Nokta pin pointer is the 3 second hold time just to turn it on. I don't care to wait that long just for the thing to come on. :thumbdown: All the other features are fine...it was a very good review! :)

The pro pointer comes on in a split second and I like that. :clapping:

Charles

Good review, thanks.

I just bought one last week and all you have to do to turn it on is to press and release the button
and it will come on. To turn it off you have to hold it about a full second and you hear it do multiple
beeps, release while it is beeping and it goes off.

As for stepping up the sensitivity, yes you push and release the green button and it goes up to 10
and will have a long beep when it maxes out. To reduce sensitivity, mash the gray button and release
until it has the long beep and you are back at sensitivity 1 that is the least sensitivity you can have.

Maby Nokta actually listened to all the complaints about turning on and off. I have no issues with
where the button is located. My issue with the Garrett pinpointers were the falsing, the lack of putting
pressure on the nose of it in any direction, downward or any side pressure would set it off. Also the
Garrett most of the time when you turn it on, your hand would muffle the speaker. Lastly, I like the
extra depth the Nokta gets but it still is not as deep as the Xpointer from Deteknix. I keep both in my
tool pouch. The Nokta is used when the target is shallow and the Deteknix is used when it is deep.

My Garrett stays in the truck as a back up only. Garrett is a fine company and makes fine equipment
BUT they have not yet listened to their customers ABOUT THE FALSING. HAVE SENT MINE BACK
TWICE FOR THIS ISSUE. FIRST TIME THEY SENT ME A NEW DETECTOR THAT DID THE SAME
THING AND SECOND TIME, THEY SAID THEY REPAIRED THE SECOND ONE THEY SENT ME.
I HEAR THE AT IS DOING THE SAME THING THE ORIGINAL DID AND THE II DID SO THAT'S WHY
I WENT WITH THE NOKTA """ONLY TO FIND THE XPOINTER STILL IS KING"""""

I love my Nokta! I don't have a issue other than the speaker if you have your hand over it gets quite muffled. But I usually use both the sound and vibration mode so that is not an issue. Sensitivity in relation to depth of this little tool......quite impressive and more than ample.

The alarm feature and the increased sensitivity settings over the sister Makro pointer makes the Nokta along with the orange covers a no brainer in my book. Bit to each their own.

Charles (Sabre)(Tx) said:
Good review...thanks! Only thing I don't like about the Nokta pin pointer is the 3 second hold time just to turn it on. I don't care to wait that long just for the thing to come on. :thumbdown: All the other features are fine...it was a very good review! :)

The pro pointer comes on in a split second and I like that. :clapping:

Charles

Hi Charles - if you are concerned about a 3 second hold time on the Nokta I can certainly put your concerns to rest -

That is incorrect - You only have to push the green button once without holding it down for it to turn on = a fraction of a second (just like GPP - X-Pointer)
Then to turn it off you just hold the same button down for 1 second and 5 beeps chirp out indicating its off -

The Nokta Pointer is by far the best pointer I have ever used or owned and the Makro Pointer is a close second - I have previously owned or still own the GPP - X-Pointer - Vulcan 360 - Fisher F Pointer

I hope this helps