Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Observations

ArnieTX

Having relic hunted with the following detectors:

AT Gold
Etrac
V3i
F75 LTD
ATX
Tejon
XP Deus

I can say with the utmost confidence that the Deus is the best. PERIOD!

After swinging the Deus and learning its language, none of these other detectors can compete. Not only is it the king in iron, it's so easy to swing And use.

Before I owned this machine I would look at it and think it's a strange looking bird. Now that I've had is for a while all I can say is nothing compares.

I haven't coined hunted much with it so I don't know how well it does compared to the Etrac..which is very good. But, in iron, I don't think any machine out there can touch it.

And it's so easy to swing all day, no wires, just awesomeness.

I have found some good stuff over the last 2 months with it. I need to post it all up soon.

Arnie

You haven't used the Racer with the small coil yet....I'm sure you will hear from them as soon as they see your post

Arnie looking at youre list of machines i have used 4 of them myself and i agree 100 percent the Deus is the best i have used and coinhunting well park and farm field under my belt Yup its the BEST all around unit i have ever used now the v4.0 update what more can Xp do ???????? Can you improve greatness????? Im waitin to see HH to all c t

The Deus is a fine unit. 9" coil with machine setup correctly will definitely sniff out the goodies in iron. Racer with 5" coil will see things though the Deus can't----more to do with coil size than anything else.

Deus compared to etrac/CTX. Deus will chew up more real estate in same period. Deus is not swing speed sensitive vs etrac/CTX.

Deus is definitely more ergonomic.

All are great machines.

For the iron I'll take Deus and Racer all day long.

Manicured lawns give me etrac/CTX and a bottle of doan's pills for my shoulder.

I would agree with the Deus as the best relic machine, but personally I like the E-Trac when it comes to hunting the deep coins. THe Deus gets deep but I think the E-Trac does a better job of letting the user know when a deep coins is under the coil.

I just might try out an Etrac now that I know a good area for coins 8" deep and beyond - there has to be more there that's just out of reach of the Deus, time will tell!

You haven't used the Racer with the small coil yet....I'm sure you will hear from them as soon as they see your post

I have owned and used 2 difference Racers and for the money they are a great detector but they sure don't match up to the Deus. Personally I wasn't impressed in the least with the Racer and the OOR coil. I have a video showing it couldn't hit a quarter at 7". For shallow stuff in iron it is pretty good just not that great on depth. The Dues, on the other hand, is great in iron and great in depth.

Southwind said:
I have owned and used 2 difference Racers and for the money they are a great detector but they sure don't match up to the Deus. Personally I wasn't impressed in the least with the Racer and the OOR coil. I have a video showing it couldn't hit a quarter at 7". For shallow stuff in iron it is pretty good just not that great on depth. The Dues, on the other hand, is great in iron and great in depth.

I don't want to sound argumentative but my results are very different. Probably should start everything with "in my soil" my Racer with the small coil is hitting a 10" quarter (in my coin garden) that the Deus with 9" coil hits also. I have dug my deepest coin with the Deus but the Racer is just a relic beast. I can't say one is deeper than the other but the Racer (for me) is a bit easier to hear a good target in iron.

The Deus is great, but it is a beep and dig machine like most all others. You never know what your going to get. You have to dig it all. The Etrac/CTX3030 are like driving Cadillac's. I can tell if a coin is a zinc vs. a copper, I dig no more foil or bottle caps... The FBS's are just a pleasure to use...They are slow and heavy though... Like a Cadillac... :)

Probably should start everything with "in my soil"

I think I understand what you're trying to say, but I just assume most here have the intelligence to realize unless the posters says their results was from another state, then it would have been "in my soil" without the need to say so.

The Deus is great, but it is a beep and dig machine like most all others.

LOL The Deus a "Beep-N-Dig"? I guess everyone is allowed their opinions, but I'd suggest you do a little more investigation on the term "Been-N-Dig" before throwing it around. Doesn't do much for the credibility of the rest of your statements.

I'll be the first to agree the E-Trac/CTX are unmatched in identifying deep silver and copper coin accurately. The problem is it comes at the cost of doing some other types of hunting poorly. The Deus, in my soil, does better at more types of the hunting I do. Plus it is the light Jaguar to the heavy Cadillac. LOL

Southwind said:
I think I understand what you're trying to say, but I just assume most here have the intelligence to realize unless the posters says their results was from another state, then it would have been "in my soil" without the need to say so.

I think its fair to say what kind of soil you're in, low or high mineralization etc without insulting anyone's intelligence. Probably shouldn't assume everyone knows especially when you say one machine is deeper than the other, it's kinda important. Not everyone reading along has been detecting forever.

In my case, central Ky is very low mineralization. Your soil must be different.

Good to hear ArnieTX your having some good times with your Deus.. Fantastic Machine.. Keep us posted on your finds.. HH:detecting:

Since the weight of the 11" coil puts all the weight at the end of the shaft on the Deus it's actually less ergonomic to swing than the F75se , so for shallow fast sweeping the 75 is superior. In my highly mineral rich soil the Deus is trumped mightily by both the etrac and CTX in both depth and ID while hunting modern trash so the Deus resides primarily behind the seat of my truck and seldom sees daylight.

sprchng said:
Since the weight of the 11" coil puts all the weight at the end of the shaft on the Deus it's actually less ergonomic to swing than the F75se , so for shallow fast sweeping the 75 is superior. In my highly mineral rich soil the Deus is trumped mightily by both the etrac and CTX in both depth and ID while hunting modern trash so the Deus resides primarily behind the seat of my truck and seldom sees daylight.

In your highly mineralized soil, what reactivity setting(s) have you ran on your Deus----assuming a silencer setting of -1.

I have tried numerous levels and it really is irrelavent. Reactivity doesn't make the Deus coil change directions any easier and it still struggles in aluminum and bottle caps where the FBS machines cruise with little effort. Even if depth was increased to FBS levels (which it isn't), the poor ID capabilities of the Deus reduce it to a beep and digger in comparison.

sprchng said:

Exactly, I agree. The CTX and FBS is better in high mineralized soil. But for me and my low mineralized soil my Deus pimp slaps my CTX. The CTX's Achilles heel is recovery speed. The CTX couldn't recover quick enough to unmask targets close to iron.

The proving ground for all my detectors is a small front yard at my Mother's house. only 30' by 60' I've inched over it for the past 18 years with every detector I've owned. I turned up a few coins my CZ's missed etc with the CTX but after that my Gold Bug DP turns up 14 more coins and my Grandfather's wedding ring he lost back in the 80's! My mind was blown, how could the CTX miss that much?! My Deus then found 2 more coins, after that I was skunked until the Racer with the small coil (something the Deus doesn't have...yet) turned up 4 more.

Coil for coil my Deus is slightly deeper here in central Ky but you throw the lightning fast recovery on top of that it's no contest.

I know that someone will chime in and say they recover coins in the same hole as nails with the CTX and I have too. But then it also missed 14 coins and a gold ring it shouldn't have. I think the CTX is giving so much information on the target that's wrong and you think it's trash so you move on, meanwhile the Deus is saying dig!

sprchng said:
I have tried numerous levels and it really is irrelavent. Reactivity doesn't make the Deus coil change directions any easier and it still struggles in aluminum and bottle caps where the FBS machines cruise with little effort. Even if depth was increased to FBS levels (which it isn't), the poor ID capabilities of the Deus reduce it to a beep and digger in comparison.

In high mineralized soil reactivity levels 3 and 4 are the ones to use---silencer -1. You can throw in a little negative GB offset.

I agree ETRAC and CTX ID deeper.

But in highly mineralized soil----5 bars on F75's meter; evven etrac and CTX depth and ID at depth suffer.

And hunting in iron coil size for coil size Deus much better overall.

And plowed fields---Deus kills Etrac and CTX for depth.

I think its fair to say what kind of soil you're in, low or high mineralization etc without insulting anyone's intelligence.

I apologize if my statement was taken as an "insult" because that was not the intent.

I have used a few machines myself. I sold them after testing them side by side in my test garden. The deus was hands down the deepest detector I have ever had. I freshly buried 4 silver dollars in a four leaf clover pattern, at the bottom of a posthole at 19 inches deep. Covered them back up and the deus was the only one that could detect them. I dug a deeper hole at 24 inches and I put a roll of nickels in it and covered it up. Yes the deus can still get it. I look for larger targets and the deus is king for me to. I really like it, and I don't care if someone likes another brand better. That's there opinion, and I respect that.