Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My oldest find ever

james1969

I spent a few hours in an ancient wood and found two 13th century hammered silver coins,a medieval silver ring and finally and by far the oldest a Bronze age flat axe which dates from around 2000 BC ,one of my best days ever !

STA41162.jpg

I was using the 10 inch DD 7.5Khz coil

My oh My...History in your hands. Bit more information please, like where are you from and where were you detecting.
I also use the 10.5 DD 7.5KHz coil while relic hunting here in Virginia. The X-Terra-70 with this coil is aw some. Con grats on the great finds. TomB:detecting:

great finds James, it amazes me how simular some ofthe bronze age stuff looks like the copper culture stuff found around here in Michigan and Wisconsin

If only I could swing my coil over the areas where you are. Fantastic finds. I'm betting you earned those with lots of research and time spent swinging the coil. Congrats !!! Maybe someday :detecting:

Good hunting, John K

cool finds, feel lucky that you get to hunt ground that is yeilding stuff that old... 1700's is about as old as we get here..

Stone age artifacts won't show even with an Explorer on all metal mode.

Nice find. If anybody finds one of those on the west side of the pond history will have to be rewritten.

HH