Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My opinion about Fisher service department has changed...

BuckeyeBrad

For the better, and it was dam* good to begin with! I sent my early run F-75 in for the update/general physical on Feb 25th via Fed Ex air. They received it on the 27th. Then they had the AUDACITY to:

1. Perform the update, swap out the battery door, change the toggle and check and confirm for proper function and ship it back out on March 6th.
2. Charged me $50
3. Covered the return shipping (I'm figuring about $25 for Texas to Ohio)
4. Included a new spare coil bolt and nut (I'm figuring 2 to 3 bucks on that one)
5. Returned my original box in perfect condition (which I was holding my breath on) and provided a new outer shipping box. (I'm figuring $5 for that)
6. Took the time to send a letter notifying me the unit had shipped on the 6th and provided tracking number. This took someone's time and some postage.
7. So they actually netted less than $17 (it's the principle, not the math that's important here) for their work. When is the last time anyone paid $17 for an expert to perform an optional update, service, and support on an item of theirs? BAD FISHER!!!!! :D

They took the best TID unit I've ever owned and elected to make it even better fairly significantly at the very least from a weather proofing standpoint. Now when the weather tanks, I can take my favorite TID out if I choose whereas before my X-5's were the only option, and certainly not a bad option I might add! :) I just can't express how upset I am with Fisher Labs right now!!!!.... maybe because I'm not, and quite the contrary!! Seriously, I'd like to thank Felix and Bobbie and everyone else that's had a hand in this detector and it's improvement!! A job well done and certainly appreciated from this consumer.

:crazy:..This is info i think is worth a post..Thanks for letting us know your impressed.. i been doing some relic hunts and need to get mine in before the weather gets plum pretty..But its just sooo hard to let go..:cry:

Your breakdown ismore than encouraging for Fisher service!
Great news.
It's great to see a mfg support their product so well.
HH