Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My opinion on the 705 and my finds from 12 June 2013

Nuke em

Many of you have the Terra whether it be the 30/50/70 or the newer 305/505/705 . I have the 705 , have had the 50 and the 70 but did not appreciate the capability till i bought the one before this (had a few)!
At the end of 2010 i decided it was time to get the a 705 and really learn it on the beach , my local beaches are mostly shingle (stones) and some when the long tides occur have sand too.
At the beginning of 2011 i stated to use the 705 and i was surprised to find that the Terra would hold its own against my other machines including the ET and i felt it would put many 2 or 3 times the price to shame in some places .
As 2011 carried on i found more and more coinage on the beach (Brighton UK) and was taking large totals home most times Even in the Autumn i stayed with it pulling stuff from the wet beach .
In 2011 i had

Since getting my 705, I have not used my ET much. Ended up getting the LF concentric, the HF 6 inch DD and the LF "Digger coil' for it in addition to the standard MF concentric.

I think I am pretty much set unless I want to go for a big 15 inch Coiltek but it then tends to get heavy.

For me, the 705's light weight, fast recovery, tone ID and visual ID and the ability to change frequency via coils makes for a super set up for almost all applications.

Its a very good machine and although i am risking people buying them and becoming very much competition on the beaches i do , it just has to be said .

A couple of other detectorists that search the same beach say i am a bull*****er and lie about my finds just to show off , well one of them finds good totals aswell and the other is plain jealous i think . There is no reason for me to lie , he uses a Quattro and that is a good machine and i cant see the reason why he isn't doing good scores unless he is trying to belittle me on the forums, its one reason why i dont go on the other forum much now . If i were going to lie about finds then why not add Gold to the tally ? . I know the total look high at times but it rare that anything over

Haha...Nuke em you do really score big amounts of coins with the Xterra. I have been away from this forum for a while since we started up a md-forum in Sweden. Honestly I havent used the XT705 that much lately.Etrac have been the machine I

If you find a shingle beach that is busy then that is where is gets really good.

I am like a soldier in battle with his rifle when i am out with it, cant let it go.
the ET has done 2 slightly larger scores this year at