Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Precious

Thylacine

G'day.

Well my ACE 350 is less than two weeks old and today on its second outing it found me a man's gold wedding band, 9ct rose gold.

I also found a couple of tokens for an Aldi supermarket trolley and a couple of one and two dollar coins while dodging the rain, it is pouring down here. One thing of interest is that bottle caps give the same tone as our one and two dollar coins so I dig a lot of trash. I have worked out what aluminium foil sounds like and I can bypass that but I seem to hit a lot of iron targets, I should dig some just in case I am passing up something good.

I notice that the depth gauge on the ACE is not always correct, it can show the target deeper than it is, this could just be the soil we have down here but it does this in pine bark tot-lots too.

I am very impressed with my ACE 250, it is such a great improvement on my old Master Hunter ADS 7 and I am really surprised by the tiny targets the ACE 250 finds, today I found a tiny bit of silver wire about 2" down in the wet pine bark with ease, amazing. I am really impressed with my new machine.

I will post some images when I can.

Nice going on the gold wedding band !

You should be able to I.D. bottle caps depending on what mode you are searching in.
Accept the very lowest segment and pass the toe of the coil over the suspected bottlecap.
If you get a low tone at any time while doing this chances are it's one of the dreaded bottlecaps.
I hunt sports fields that are loaded with them.

The Ace350 is an excellent gold jewelry detector. Once you really get used to everything it is telling
you it will get even better. Good hunting to you !

Nice going with the ace350! Once it's mastered not much can touch it!