Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My question is:

John 'n' W.Va

Detectors are like rifles. Each has a purpose. I like my Ace 250 for tot lots with the small coil. I can find rings next to metal poles that other detectors can't find. My other detector could not get with in 14 " of the pole. In a CW battlefield I detect in a lot brush from the woods, my other detector is much better. The Ace is kinder to my old mind. I get tired to the extreme quickness and shortness of the tones of my other detector. My other detector is great in salt water, but it is not water proof. I have a lot of old swimming holes I would like to MD. Some really, really good spots. I snorkel these places and eye jewelry. Real party spots here in the mountains. Gold is heavy and goes under the sand. I need an under water detector. Some places I hike 2 mi. in the woods to MD and water proof ain't bad.

My question is: will the AT Pro replace my Ace without loosing the qualities I like of my Ace 250.

The AT Pro has 2 modes....the "STANDARD and Pro mode." The standard mode is basically an ACE 250 on steroids and the Pro mode has all the features such as iron audio and tones. The bonus is of course that it is water proof to about 10 feet.

Sorry, no GPS is built into it. If you want one of those, it will cost you an extra $1,600.00. ;)

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_at_pro_key_features.aspx

Just remember if you're really wading deep to get the water proof headphones. The stock phones are not waterproof! I love my At-Pro. You'll find having ground balance an improvement and they're a great wading machine in fresh water. Also you might consider the 5x8 coil. Great in trash and easier to swing in the water.

The Garrett AT Pro is an OUTSTANDING machine. Get the smaller 5X8 DD coil with it. Great separation which sounds like your wanting.

Holler if you have questions, Bart.

You asked about the AT Gold, It has 3 modes. The all metal mode, disc mode with adj iron disc. and a preset mode with tabs notched out ( I never use this mode) and it comes with the 8" DD coil, I much prefer it over the AT Pro. I like the threshold based AM mode. It also has the Audio Iron Disc

I hunt in the brush and woods alot with my AT-Pro with the 5x8 coil. I only use the standard coil when I'm doing huge green spaces and sometimes I still use the 5x8 for those....I like that small DD coil ALOT! :clapping:

How does it work with the 4.5 sniper coil? How close can you get to a metal pole? I know most all metal detectors are good. I have a powerful detector that can go deep. I just can't get close to a metal pole like the Ace 250 can. I am very happy with my 250 as a tot lot detector and my other detector as a deep srearch detector.

I need a water detector that can fill the place of my 250. I don't have a lot of room behind my truck seat for a bunch of detectors.

PS: I got a buddy at work talked into getting a AT Pro . It seemed like a good all around detector.

The sniper can work within an inch of metal playground poles and chain link if you learn the machine! I work the area over then drop sense about halfway to work up against the poles and fence. It will false on the iron when you are right against it but listen for a different tone either side of the false and that will be a target. Found both clad and charms that way.

Without playing tricks it will get within a few inches. It will also go under poles without problems.