Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My quick change coil system for chest mounted Explorer XS

A

Anonymous

I wanted a more versatile metal detecting system from the Explorer and one that allowed a quick and reliable coil change.
Yes with the stock Explorer, a similar speedy change can also be achieved by having the upper and lower search stems with any coil already attached or you might be able to insert either one of the lower stems into a single upper stem REALLY quick. You might even be convinced that the stock coil is ALL you need anyway.....but what you see here is what I found suited mostly.......ME and it might inspire you.
Each one of the coil and search stems can be attached at any one time together with the Sunray X-1 probe at the control box end for either water or land search.
The Explorer XS control box remains chest mounted (it can be stem mounted anytime if I wanted to, but I don't at the momment). For now, all that is required is the unscrewing of the coil connection (and remote PINPOINT and IRONMASK cable which is only on stock and Coiltek WOT stems) from the control box end without the need to remove it from your chest.
AND
The headphone cable is no longer a problem.............

David,how about some photos of the control housing mod you did..I seperated the shaft from the housing about 4 years ago but never seperated the arm(battery compartment)from the control and Im looking for ideas.I made my coil shafts from 3/4"pvc and it works well.Any info would be appreciated.Thanks,Ralph