Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

my "real" finds..last 2 weeks

gunwolf

No silver today but 3 wheats, not gonna share those pics with ya, instead this is for anyone just getting started... these are two weeks worth of my Non-keepers finds...TRASH! and yes I dug all this in two weeks. I wouldn't be able to post the silver had I not put in the work to dig every good tone repeatable signal... some, if not a large amount of this trash is aluminum, copper, and brass.. all which ring in at what your looking for if you are a coin or jewelry hunter! don't get discouraged if you dig trash... it's all a part of learning... and as you see.. after 20+ years.. I'm still learning!
NyWwqOy.jpg

tgTHiip.jpg

Scrap Copper is $3.00-3.50 pound, Brass 2.25, Aluminum is .60 and iron/steel is .11.

I sort and save it all.

Great post! I believe I find a lot of great finds but even with that being said I dig TONS of junk like this. Anyone getting started needs to realize you're not going to be digging silver and gold right off the bat and definitely not every day. You're going to be digging tons and tons of garbage! You have to realize that and accept it or your detector is going to be collecting dust in the closet really quick.

Last edited:
Great post! I believe I find a lot of great finds but even with that being said I dig TONS of junk like this. Anyone getting started needs to realize you're not going to be digging silver and gold right off the bat. You're going to be digging tons of garbage! and You have to realize that and accept it or your detector is going to be collecting dust in the closet really quick.
great reply, and may I add... by digging junk you learn about the VDI numbers and tones of your machine... I'll be hunting with someone and I call out my plugs.. "this is a new style pull tab" this is a screw top cap" this is a ring pull, this is brass... I know what I'm digging is trash most of the time... but I have had crushed bottle caps come in at the same tone and numbers as some of my wheats... and every now and then that iffy rusty nail signal is a silver in the hole with the nail... you either choose to dig it or leave it for the next guy!

great reply, and may I add... by digging junk you learn about the VDI numbers and tones of your machine... I'll be hunting with someone and I call out my plugs.. "this is a new style pull tab" this is a screw top cap" this is a ring pull, this is brass... I know what I'm digging is trash most of the time... but I have had crushed bottle caps come in at the same tone and numbers as some of my wheats... and every now and then that iffy rusty nail signal is a silver in the hole with the nail... you either choose to dig it or leave it for the next guy!
Few years back I was digging in the community ball field (all weeds and sand, no valuable turf). Pulled up several old car parts and one big target that turned out to be a Model T running board. Asked around and found out that in the 1950's the folks in the community used the ball field to line up their cars and help each other work on them. Several had early cars they liked to work on. After I pulled up the running board, I got a nice sound under where the running board had been and pulled up a 1859 Indian Head penny in good condition. If you don't remove the trash, you miss some of the good stuff.

Spot on subject! I found out at the big recycler near here that they now take ammo brass with the spent primers still in. Apparently someone figured out how to remove the primers in the crushing process so now there is no discounting because of primers!

Crushed aluminum and rusty nails are the devil!
Right? Sad part is a crushed aluminum can will ring in the high silver range on the E-trac.. 12-47/48 and give you a nice tone both ways.. like posted before if you lift your coil upa foot or even higher and it's still giving a good signal it's a can, or so I thought:unsure: I found one silver ring that came in like that, and just recently a clad quarter spill that also came in like that. so I still dig em. but you are right... smaller aluminum pieces come in at a solid 12-43 the same range as a silver dime, I can actually tell the difference in tone vibration from a coin to a piece of aluminum....or so I thought...again just recently while digging a solid 12-43 with a vibrating scratchy tone I called out (to myself) crushed aluminum twist top....NOPE, it was the Barber dime! so sometimes I cherry pick with a heavy discriminated program just allowing for certain coins, and I don't dig the scratchy tones I think are twist tops or trash... but have started using more and more open screen and digging everything good. I'm inspired by some of the other posts I read here and ALL the cool stuff they find.

Research research Dig dig Recycle recycle LOL Its a vicious circle out there. I just cashed in my dug copper brass aluminum and lead {yes it all has to be separated} for a grand total of $675. One mans junk is another mans treasure!
Thanks for showing us your treasure GW
HH Jeff

My thoughts exactly; although I do occasionally goof off and crank up the discrimination when my back injuries are running the show. :)