Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Red Racer

After-1-

I have about 4-5 hrs hunting time with the Red Racer, If it wasn't so hot and muggy and I had more energy after work I would try to bond with the machine more. I have pickup a few coins and my normal junk, but I can not get a good bond with the machine. Had a few machine that I could not fall in love with,and they were good machines just like the Red Racer. The last time out,couple days ago Pick up 3 coins and 1 pull tab and that was with the 5'' coil,like the 5 better than the stock coil,but there is no bond. _______________after1-----------------------

one of the best dollar-value detectors on the market today. Matter-of-fact, if you look at all the better built and more featured models you can compare with from Fisher, Garrett, Teknetics and White's [size=small](to name the bigger competitors just here in the USA)[/size], you will be very hard-pressed to find anything that can compete with the build quality and features for the retail dollar as the Makro Racer series or Nokta FORS series models. Better yet, the Racer series and FORS series models also pack a lot of in-the-field performance to complement what they offer in design.

After-1- said:
I have about 4-5 hrs hunting time with the Red Racer, If it wasn't so hot and muggy and I had more energy after work I would try to bond with the machine more.
Hot is the word around here this summer, and a lot of our hotter weather started earlier this year with temps from 90° to 101° the first seven days of June ... and it hasn't really let up much as we're ending July with 100°, 103°, 102° this week, and 101°, 103° and 104° to rap up the last three days of July. It has sure cut in on my detecting time as it has yours.

That said, I will tell you that the original Racer impressed me very quickly once it was in my hands, but I had/have ample time to work detectors side-by-side and in varied environments to evaluate them and the Racer very quickly took a top-ranked spot in my arsenal in February of last year. It was right there with my Nokta FORS CoRe that bumped all others down the list to become my #1 all-purpose detector in January of last year.

I am certain that if you haven't 'bonded' with the Racer yet, you will once you out in ample time and work it for more hours in a variety of sites, especially using either the 'OOR' DD coil or the round 5½" DD coil [size=small](close in size and almost identical in-the-field performance)[/size]. Just work at maste3ring the best sweep technique to get the most out of it, and for most of the sites I hunt that means using a slower [size=small](not too fast)[/size] sweep speed, and I keep the Discriminate/ID Filter set relatively low to help unmask good targets in junky areas.

After-1- said:
I have pickup a few coins and my normal junk, but I can not get a good bond with the machine. Had a few machine that I could not fall in love with,and they were good machines just like the Red Racer.
I guess it all depends on the amount of experience you have had, the types of sites you generally search and amount of time you can devote to detecting in a day, week or month, and it would be good to know what you mean by 'bond with the unit?' What do you expect of the Racer or any detector you look to own and use?

After-1- said:
The last time out,couple days ago Pick up 3 coins and 1 pull tab and that was with the 5'' coil,like the 5 better than the stock coil,but there is no bond.
Just put in the time, relax, and enjoy how well the Racer works in the sites you pick. 'Bonding' can take time, and it often requires ample field use to really get to learn and use and understand the strengths and weaknesses of any detector and coil combination.

Monte

The Red Racer with the small coil is a dynamic machine. I found with mine that I liked it more when I used it with good headphones. In the USA you have better access to better headphones than I do where I live, so I have settled for a pair of Koss headphones (not the small ones that come with the detector, but larger ones which cover your ears entirely). I was able to buy them locally, so I did. With better headphones, the audio signal from the Racer will alert you to targets that you ought to investigate....the visual ID will usually lock on to a good target, but if the audio is good, I investigate...if the visual ID is a bit jumpy, there may be more than one target. I hope that you do get to bond with the Racer....I'm pretty sure I understand what you mean by "bonding". Maybe if you give it a bit more time, and as Monte indicated, use it when detecting conditions themselves are more comfortable. I recall the first time I took mine out, I wasn't too sure about it, but when I looked at the pile of coins I had when I got home, I knew it was a keeper. HH

I know what you are saying , i felt like that with the Tejon, Racer is a good all around detector but not for every one

I think bonding is biased by finds. If you hit a bucket list coin early on, zing go the strings of your heart. Hit a long dry spell and its somehow the lousy detector's fault.
Lovin' my Racers!!

Let me try to explain this ( my issue with the Red) with the stock coil,I felt it was nose heavy and not a good balance for me. I put on the 5'' coil and it was better for me. Now when I have the machine in my hand, my hand will slide up the handle and my thumb and index finger is jam up against the control box,If I decide to keep it I can fix that with some tennis racket tape. And as for experience this is my 8th detector-still have the Garrett Freedom Ace II -Tesoro Silver Sidewinder- FisherCZ6a & F70 and the Red all packed up ----Just like in school could date the No1 girl, Just something that you done care about----Like no bond------later ------and Thx -----Gh---- Will be cool tomorrow AM and I have a new permission and will hit it before work ----------after1---------

pasttom said:
I think bonding is biased by finds. If you hit a bucket list coin early on, zing go the strings of your heart. Hit a long dry spell and its somehow the lousy detector's fault.
Lovin' my Racers!!
I think you hit it right on the head past tom :thumb: but i have found if you listen too what the detector is telling you and do not compare it too other units you have had in the past and go into it with a open mind it will click I love my Red Racer and came close to trading it several time but i stuck with it and bang finally understand it now if i could only afford the Racer 2 Mostly just for notching targets i would defiantly be my go to detector :thumbup:

For me it's a great relic hunter I would not hunt with it at a park or school lawn

Low-Boy/LCPM said:
For me it's a great relic hunter I would not hunt with it at a park or school lawn

Your missing out, racer is totally capable of hunting in parks. Matter of fact I own the racer he had right now, and i use it in parks almost exclusively and its a amazing machine. Really a huge fan of the Racer over all. Beats the heck out of the fors core for me, because it actually has depth in inches as opposed to centimeters.

Low-Boy/LCPM said:
hey Low/Boy i gotta disagree the racer cleaned house at one of my old local trotting park and many silver rings at schools i don't understand why you would say that is it because you have a detector you like better on park soil ?

sasquache said:
pasttom said:
Lovin' my Racers!!
I think you hit it right on the head past tom : Wow, I'm in a dry spell, haven't found a single coin in the Coin Star in 16 days, I have no bucket list, and I would never say that a detector is "lousy", Hey, you missed the nail, ---------GH---------after1---------------