Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My right elbow is hurt!

I swing a Sov GT and I guess it is one of the heavier machines. I try to swing it by twisting my body more than just using my arm to swing. Even so I still notice that after a few hours of use my right shoulder gets to biting me just a bit. I am going to try one of Extreme Detecting's Detecting Buddies.

I have had tendonitis in both elbows and have had to have steroid injections. (That was before I started detecting) They put a lot of steroids in a very small spot and after a while it hurts like Hades. Once the pain wears off then you are good to go.

At 73 I expect to have some Aches and Pains but I try to take care as much as possible. I did have to have surgery on a "Trigger Finger" on my right hand. My family MD said it was from gripping the handle on the detector but that he would not tell me to stop detecting as I was getting some very valuable exercise. Surgeon did not offer a guess as to what may have caused the trigger finger.

HH

so you all agree that elasticity (bungee or stretchable strapping) is a necessary component? I tried years ago, maybe i didnt adjust it right or the bungee was too taunt, but it seemed the bungee was fighting me at times. However i can see where the spring helps "lift" the unit and coil back up after dipping in for a closer swing. I will try again with less aggresive bungees, thanks CO