Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My season is over

WIHawker

The cold is here the ground isnt froze yet but it should be soon. Going to send the AT out to get tuned up. It was getting more and more chatty/falsing towards the end of the season. So here are my totals. I Did have a few hunts with a F5 and a GTI 2500. Im too lazy to break those totals out. I can say for certainy that I used my AT pro for 95% of these totals.

2053 coins $177.43 in clad
32 silver coins 1 half 4 quarters 27 dimes: Walking liberty, 1 barber Quarter 3 washingtons 3 barber dimes 5 mercurys 19 rosies
71 wheats
3 indain heads
13 tokens
13 rings 6 junk 7 silver no gold
3 buttons

It was my best season so far. I hunted more this season the the last 2 combined and the totals show it. The AT is a wonderful machine, more so with the 5x8 DD.

Good season..congrats! Mine is going back also for tune-up etc...I just can't stop using it though..lol 1 or two more hunts this weekend I hope..

Great totals and a nice variation of coins and rings!
I guess you made up for the lack of gold with all that silver

Congrats!

Good haul! My season was over at the beginning of October when I ruptured a disc in lower back. I'm just now getting to the point where I can almost walk normally. It will probably be 2-3 more months before the doctor gives the OK to metal detect again. I'll appreciate metal detecting that much more when I finally go out again.

Great totals indeed. I wish I could find even a quarter of that in a season. :sad:

I bought my AT Pro a few months ago and suspect it's intermitantly faulty. Now that my season is over I'd like to send it in to Garret. Is this something I can do without knowing specificaly what's wrong with it? What do you mean when you say you're sending it in for a "tune up"?

Thanks

I say tune up for lack of a better term. I cant really say its bad. I just know its not like it was during the rest of the season. It still finds coins. My last hunt with I found a rosie at 7 inches. And dug a couple wheats that deep or a lil deeper. If you go to garretts website and click on the warrenty/ repair they have instructions on how to do returns/ repairs.

Unfortunately I think my season is over too as we just had our first snowfall here in Mid Michigan. I had a pretty good season as I started out with my brand new mxt pro. I found lots of clad (and the most nickels I have ever found with any machine) I found a Susan B Anthony 1980 dollar coin and I nice silver watch. I just recently purchased a Garrett AT pro that should arrive in a few days. I will spend the winter learning this new machine and should be ready for an even better 2013.