Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My SEF 12x10 is on the way from KellyCo

OBX Franz

Got an email (3:30PM today) from KellyCo letting me know that their shipment had arrived and my SEF is on it's way! If anyone is still looking from one, now's the time to give them a call.

Cool, another shipment in. I can say with me needing to fix that short behind the plug on my 12x10, I sorely miss that coil and it's only been a week or two since I had to put it on the shelf. I've been using the S-12 until I motivate myself to pull that cable apart and solder up/heat shrink the problem (which I'm going to try to do a video on), and all I can say is that I will not be buying a used S-12 to replace the loaner I have right now.

I had been thinking of at least getting one for my water rig so it would glide through the water easier than my 12x10, but after yet another long 8 or 9 hour hunt a few days ago I feel in *my* mineralized soils the 10" Tornado is deeper, separates better, and I like a few other things such as it's pin point mode traits over the S-12 I've been trying out.

So now I know for sure the 10" Tornado stays on my water rig, while the 12x10 stays on my land rig most of the time, and will only come off when using my new 8" Tornado for super heavy trash, or my future 13" Ultimate to replace the loaner of that coil I had, when I'm in the mood to cover large wide open fields or beaches even faster than the 12x10's nice improvement over stock in that respect.

The Ultimate coil also feels much lighter and "right" on the shaft to me than the S-12, and since they are very close to each other in weight like the 12x10 is too, I would have to assume it's the more aft mounting point of the S-12 that I'm feeling after a long hunt. Not uncomfortable, but just not as effortless to swing all day as the 12x10 or 13" Ultimate.

I've got a report on the last long hunt a few days ago with the S-12 and a few issues I had with it that firmed things up for me, and sooner or later I'll get around to posting that in the S-12 field report thread. Great coil? Sure, but I've been spoiled by the 12x10...