Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MY SHARPSHOOTER 2 IS THE BEST

GregM

I did not have a great summer for jewelry in '07 . My best find was made with my SS -2 ...... a small 14k gold ring that says "amore" and has a few diamond chips in it(some popped out). It was found pretty deep too, I figure the sand rake hit it and buried it causing the band to fold abit. Ya just can't beat that Sharpshooter........Greg M

What mode are you running on? And what settings?

Hey Willie,
When the machine powers up it goes directly to disc mode. I leave it in that mode. I beach hunt with this machine (DRY SAND). The sens. knob is at 10 o'clock to 3 o'clock position depending on the wetness of the sand. If the sand is wet I have to back down the sens. or I get too many false signals. The disc/notch knob is usually at 10 o'clock. I like to hear all targets and the machine will usually be correct on the target if I sweep a couple of more times over it. I don't want to hear iron objects, not on the beach. (Artifact hunting yes- beach -no) Somtimes a really rusty bottle cap gets through as a good target and it gets dug. I have so much fun with this machine ....I installed a volume control on the side of the control box Koss VC-20. I can adjust volume to compensate for wind and surf noise. I use Sony over the ear headphones. Not those huge noise cancelling types. I did have to repair the bottom section of my rod. I believe it is a weak spot. I used a PVC coupling to join the two parts. I had a new bottom piece and it broke in the same place. The coupling worked out perfectly. I used screw and glue to hold it together. I did have to send it back to Bounty Hunter for repairs under warranty awhile back. The company was extremely helpful. I could not be happier with them. The machine came back better than before..... I use 250mh/nimh batteries- they last a good long time.I recharge them every night I use them so they are always ready. I also keep some energizers in the van just in case, ya know what I mean... I also use a short handle sandscoop when I use this machine so I don't get too tired carrying alot of extra stuff. I also use a nice leather fanny pouch to hold my finds, bug repellent, itch stopper,sunscreen towelettes, my car keys etc.. Have Fun And HH GregM