Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My son digs his first CW bullet-video

Great video. I enjoy seeing young folks take an interest in our History. This is how it starts, with the find of that first Minnie' ball. May this be the first of many relics to come. Congrat's Dad on getting your son interested in Relic Hunting. You and your son can make many memories together hunting and being outside and Digging some History. (y)

Great video. I enjoy seeing young folks take an interest in our History. This is how it starts, with the find of that first Minnie' ball. May this be the first of many relics to come. Congrat's Dad on getting your son interested in Relic Hunting. You and your son can make many memories together hunting and being outside and Digging some History. (y)
Usually the bullets are 10-14” deep here, so when some land gets cleared like that they may only be 3-5” deep. I had to take the opportunity for us to share that little 30 minute hunt. We ended up with an enfield and that fired Selma.

Usually the bullets are 10-14” deep here, so when some land gets cleared like that they may only be 3-5” deep. I had to take the opportunity for us to share that little 30 minute hunt. We ended up with an enfield and that fired Selma.
I found my first Relic ever in 1969 at age 13 on an outing with my parents and my first metal detector, a WWII surplus mine sweeper. I found a piece of shell frag from a Hotchkiss artillery shell. Been booked ever since.

Great stories, my kids never took a hold but my grandkids that's another story Misting, mid thirties, and mud can't slow down a true hunter!
HH Jeff

Attachments

• 20180224_153759.jpg
    20180224_153759.jpg
    858.8 KB · Views: 183
I found my first Relic ever in 1969 at age 13 on an outing with my parents and my first metal detector, a WWII surplus mine sweeper. I found a piece of shell frag from a Hotchkiss artillery shell. Been booked ever since.
Man, I wish I could put 100 likes on that post. Super neat.

Great stories, my kids never took a hold but my grandkids that's another story Misting, mid thirties, and mud can't slow down a true hunter!
HH Jeff
That’s great. My daughters both enjoy digging around the yard and I’ve taken them to a couple old home sites before. They couldn’t be happier just to find modern coins though!

Your son will long remember the day that he and his Dad went Relic Hunting and he dug his first ever CW 3 ring Minnie' ball, plus he has the video.

I got my first relic 2 years ago when I was 11. I didn’t even have a detector then, I was just digging a pit in a field behind our house and a piece of pottery came up. I was so excited and went showed my parents and I discovered my love for history. Then for Christmas they got me a metal detector and I’ve been out searching all the time since

I got my first relic 2 years ago when I was 11. I didn’t even have a detector then, I was just digging a pit in a field behind our house and a piece of pottery came up. I was so excited and went showed my parents and I discovered my love for history. Then for Christmas they got me a metal detector and I’ve been out searching all the time since
Good for you, son!!!