Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Sov GT Hip Mount Setup with the Digisearch Meter

plugger

For this setup I used a LowePro Telezoom Camera Bag which cost me about $48 delivered. I attached a black V-Clip to the stock GT Control Box Mounting bracket and simply snapped it onto the Control Box. Then I used a small Cable Extension that I had from when I used a SunRay Probe on my old rod setup and "deadended it with a cable tie so there would be absolutely no strain going into the electronics. To this, I hooked up the "coiled" extension that I bought from Rocket Electronics in the UK. Someone else on here gave us the ordering info after he made sure it worked for him. I "mounted" this extension on the 3" Dewalt's work belt with a couple of cable ties and it is now ready to hook up to my rod that has a Sun Ray S-8 coil with a short cable on it. The coil cable will be completey "tied" to my 33" straight rod and then I will hook up the coiled extension to it, and unhook it when I am thru hunting. The beauty of this setup is I can slide the bag around behind me if I don't want to read the meter and there is nothing in my way when I am recovering a target either. The coiled extension gives me a rediculous amount of cable play, probably close to 3-1/2 or 4 feet if I were to stretch it out. But, coiled up it is nice and tidy. Here are some pictures. I will start with it completely closed up and then show several views, from various angles.

That's exactly what I had in mind. As soon as I get over a fractured left heel...yuk...I plan on a similar setup, except mine will be chest-mounted utilizing a Minelab battery harness setup. I have two of the harnesses and plan using one for a Sovereign and the other for an Excalibur. Thanks for the pictures Plugger...that ought to make for an "easy-swinger".