Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Teknetics T2/T2SE coil arsenal

BH505Man

I just received the CORS Fortune coil that I ordered to complete my coil selection for my T2s. I now have a broad selection of coils to cover most metal detecting scenarios. So far, I have the Teknetics 5" round DD, the Teknetics 11" oblong DD, the Teknetics 15" round DD, the CORS Fortune 5.5"x9.5" DD and the CORS Strike 12"x13" DD coils. What other coils do you T2 people keep in your arsenal that you find useful that you use often?

I own and use on my T2 the 5'' factory coil,6'' Coiltek,NEL Sharpshooter,Stock 11'' coil,Mars Tiger,SEF 12X10,SEF 15x12,15'' factory coil,NEL Storm and NEL Big 17''x15''

For my early (6.0) version T2, I have 5" Factory coil, 8x6 SEF, Cors Scout (12.5" x 8.5"), Cors Cannon (14.5" x 10.5").
My factory 11" coil went crazy several years ago, so got myself a Detech Ultimate 13". Great for a while, then noticed one day, after using it before lunch on a well rotted stubble field, that the field seemed to come to life after swapping over to the 8x6. Swapped back. Field went quiet again. :surprised:
Often wondered to myself, how many acres I covered, blissfully unaware that my coil was goosed......:sadwalk:

Mega said:
I own and use on my T2 the 5'' factory coil,6'' Coiltek,NEL Sharpshooter,Stock 11'' coil,Mars Tiger,SEF 12X10,SEF 15x12,15'' factory coil,NEL Storm and NEL Big 17''x15''

Mega, compared to the 15" Teknetics factory coil, how much more (or less) does the NEL Big weigh?

Hawkstone said:
For my early (6.0) version T2, I have 5" Factory coil, 8x6 SEF, Cors Scout (12.5" x 8.5"), Cors Cannon (14.5" x 10.5").
My factory 11" coil went crazy several years ago, so got myself a Detech Ultimate 13". Great for a while, then noticed one day, after using it before lunch on a well rotted stubble field, that the field seemed to come to life after swapping over to the 8x6. Swapped back. Field went quiet again. :surprised:
Often wondered to myself, how many acres I covered, blissfully unaware that my coil was goosed......:sadwalk:

Hawkstone, how deep will the CORS Cannon go on coin sized items?

It goes without saying that it depends upon ground conditions, but on old pasture, depth seems plenty deep. I never actually measure how deep my finds are :unsure:
I did find that pinpointing was a bit hit & miss though. My Scout tends to get the most usage nowadays, unless it's a busy (DMV or Roman iron infested) site.

Hawkstone said:
It goes without saying that it depends upon ground conditions, but on old pasture, depth seems plenty deep. I never actually measure how deep my finds are :unsure:
I did find that pinpointing was a bit hit & miss though. My Scout tends to get the most usage nowadays, unless it's a busy (DMV or Roman iron infested) site.

Like yourself if its on old pasture sites which are relatively clean then you can use a slightly bigger coil but on a trashy site like a DMV or roman then when using a large coil you will/can get nulled signals,so the right tool for the job is a small than stock size coil,for roman sites i mainly use the NEL Sharpshooter coil which gives terrific target separation or in extreme cases the 5'' coil,the depth from the 5'' coil in AM mode still amazes me how deep it can go.

Nel sharpshooter and the Nel tornado both which are for sale also.
Use my deus more now

BH505Man said:
I just received the CORS Fortune coil that I ordered to complete my coil selection for my T2s. I now have a broad selection of coils to cover most metal detecting scenarios. So far, I have the Teknetics 5" round DD, the Teknetics 11" oblong DD, the Teknetics 15" round DD, the CORS Fortune 5.5"x9.5" DD and the CORS Strike 12"x13" DD coils. What other coils do you T2 people keep in your arsenal that you find useful that you use often?

NEL Sharpshooter....great coil in trashy places