Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Treasure Mate let out some parts.

ejudasf

So I was pulling the battery out of my Treasure Mate, and if you own one, you know how sometimes the battery likes to stay put. Anyway, as I pulled it out, some little headers came out with it.

I'm only guessing here, but I think these headers are used as a battery stop.

I placed the new battery in there, but I am afraid it might fall too deep inside.

I am hoping that someone may have opened one of these up. I'm guessing the on/off switch can be pulled out, and the 2 pots can be unscrewed and pushed in. And maybe the circuit board can be pulled out. I'm just guessing.

Attachments

• pn.ptr.01.jpg
    pn.ptr.01.jpg
    894.2 KB · Views: 221
  • pn.ptr.02.jpg
    pn.ptr.02.jpg
    563.6 KB · Views: 231
I figured out how to open it up.
I was guessing, and guessed correctly.

The issue with mine was that the GB and the TUNE pots no longer adjusted anything. both pots are 100k.

I can safely assume that the battery connector can break at the solder joints of the wires, over time.

Just ordered some replacement pots, and should arrive in about 4 days. Maybe sooner.

If anyone has questions about 'cracking' one open, message me. Or if you wanna send your to me to fix, I can do that too. I am an electronics genius after all.

peace.