Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My two cents worth!

Jamie(MI)

Hey Guys, Thought I would put my two cents in. Did I mention I found a 1864 two-cent piece last week?

Anyway, I have mixed feeling here on this subject. Our ways are very different from His ways. I believe God the Father is exactly that--our Father, but maybe He is not exactly the way we portray Him. The Genesis Scripture says He made us in His image male and female. I wonder if the representation of our Father is more like a marriage, like when the two are made into one. God does have a feminine side. That's why he made women in His image also. Sometimes I think they represent him better then we do, but I think it takes both of us to even begin to represent Him.

As far as the Holy Spirit, in John 16:7- It says, "For if I do not go away, the Comforter(Helper/Intercessor) shall not come to you." The Comforter, as you know, is the Holy Spirirt. The Greek word for Helper in this case is Paracletos, meaning "equals one called to alongside to help." Kind of sounds like a close friend. Jesus goes deeper then this when He teaches that we can be become His sons. I guess He really does want us to be in His image. Maybe it's not how good or bad we are, but made in His image and becoming his sons. I would want my son to feel like he was in my family. I am close and friends with my three daughters. I think this is one way we are witnesses in his image.

As for heaven and hell, I think there is sound evidence in the Word for them also even though I don't know who will go to either. I think He is the only one that really knows. It only makes sense that He would want those made in his image to be with Him. I guess He wants us all!

It is good that we all wrestle with these issues. Maybe that is what going on with the Pastor. It will grow everybody's faith as they struggle through it.

maybe one of these days I will find one...but not holding my breath :lol:

Thanks Jamie for your thoughts on the things mentioned about our church. We still have had no opportunity to discuss this with him. Maybe tomorrow he will clarify what he said or not even mention it.

This is one thing we know from God's Word:

1Corinthians 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints. {confusion: Gr. tumult, or, unquietness} (KJV)

If there is confusion, Satan is behind it.

Good to hear from you. The 2 cent piece sure is a beauty - one I have always wanted to dig but virtually no chance out here. I'll have to come back to Mich again and try :)
I believe that God has no sex - he made man, then woman from man. That's it. Genesis 1-26,27. See ya, steve in so az

That is one sweet coin! It is sure good to see ya again! :)