Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Vaquero arrived:clapping:

Craig

My new Vaquero arrived today ! Delivery was fast, just two days and what surprised me it was USPS. That's faster then UPS or Fedex, without paying a premium for express service! Took it out of the box, put her together. I was impressed with the balance and weight. I just used it in my back yard. I was impressed with the depth. Was even faster at ground balance than my TEJON. Can't wait to take her out for a spin in the park:wiggle:

That's really great!

One question though. Why did you get a Vaquero when you already had a Tejon?:confused:

I sold my XLPRO which was too heavy for this old man:surrender: and needed a light weight backup. Since I have gotten my TEJON, I Have been doing great with it:wiggle:. I read up on other tesoro's. My choice was between the Golden or Vaquero. The Vaquero won. The other thing is they use the same coils. Only need to buy one for both

I made up a 4x6 card where various kinds of jewelry "falls" out but it's a pretty fast machine if you want to CHERRY PICK...I just turn the disc knob all the way to the right (after it's been ground balanced) and that will disc out clad pennies but keep copper pennies, dimes, quarters, half dollars, and jewelry that's silver. Of course, you're losing gold!

Thanks for the information. If I get lazy and feel like going after the good stuff with no trash , I'll use it:clapping:

Hi Craig
I have the 6000 Pro XL which is the same detector as the XL Pro that you sold. I don't run mine with a Big Foot coil or the Sun Ray probe, so, no wonder the XL Pro was too heavy for you.
I run my 6000 Pro XL with the 5.3 BullsEye coil and a White's tall man rod for my 'straight rod' setup and I can swing it all day long, and I'm no spring chicken. Of coarse, this is my opinion, and does'nt account for too much. Good luck with your new Vaquero, I have a friend that uses one and he does ok with it. No TID meter to help ID with though, so have to dig it all, which can be blessing or curse, depending on Location.

Craig said:
I sold my XLPRO which was too heavy for this old man:surrender: and needed a light weight backup. Since I have gotten my TEJON, I Have been doing great with it:wiggle:. I read up on other tesoro's. My choice was between the Golden or Vaquero. The Vaquero won. The other thing is they use the same coils. Only need to buy one for both

I think the 5.3 coil on that baby is a super coil, and with the tall man rod, you can extend out and not get nearly as tired. Plus, that unit is a crusier and you can really cover some ground even with the small coil. Then, when you get into an area with a lot of targets, you can switch to SAT mode and slow down.

If I didn't beach hunt 90% of the time, I would still have mine.

Just wondering since I was messing around with my Vaquero and deeper targets, at full discrimination, when super tuned, sounded clearer. You just can't use the pin point button unless you want to blow out your ear drums !

Nice...I love mine.
Do a Monte search and check out power balancing...seems to make a difference.

Just to let you know, in a hunt at an old trashy park yesterday, I did that peg the disc thing from time to time so I could just look for coins.
Turns out, most of the bottle caps in this picture just won't disc out.
"Sigh"...such is life...gotta dig through the trash to find the treasure!

I hated to get rid of my XLPRO, but I have Heart trouble and tire easy. I did use to use my 6" coil and stock coil, but didn't make much difference to me:confused:

I usually run my Vaquero with the pinpoint button pressed, this is equivalent to AM mode on the dial and I do this to achieve maximum sensitivity, if the location is not to trashy, with discrimination at minimum and when I hit a target I release the button and if I still get a signal turn up the discrimination to get a good read of the target. I use Killer Bee's at half volume and the threshold is just audible. If its metal and in the ground I will here it with this setting as Vaquero is deep.

Minas Man