Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Vaquero scores BIG this time !!!

GaryF

The lady and I went back to where I got the Seated Half Dime.

I decided to pay attention to the sides of the walks that surround the house and got a really deep repeatable
signal. At about 10" I hit a root so I cleaned around it on both sides still the signal remained in the center
of the hole. I stick the digger directly under the root and pushed and out pops a very large coin.

I knew just by the size it was a half dollar...I called her over yelling happily that I had BIG silver.

She reached in the hole and got it out....

I poured some water on it and BINGO..... 1899 Barber Half

Of course when I stuck the digger in and pushed, I scratched the back but so what.....I'm happy as it has been years since I dug a good silver half.

That was the only old coin we found today. I also managed a smooshed baby ring with the letter "C" on it and another ring with a flower. I also dug
a button with an anchor on it and a big pin but the front of it is missing.

Was a good day in Tesoro land.

Will post a pic of the coin after I clean it up...not a key date so I'll make it nice and shiny.

HH
Gary

Great going. :clapping: I can't remember what you swing?:cool:

Nice Half Gary, the 'V' is working for ya:tesoro:

Thanks guys :)

The dirt at that place in some spots is almost fluffy but black as coal rich. I know that if there is gold there
it is probably out of reach. To be honest that signal was so iffy I was a split second away from ignoring it.
Wasn't until I removed a few inch thick plug that it really sang to me and made me dig further.
It seems that almost every good coin I've found there has had a root involved in holding the coin
in place somehow. All but the tiny Half Dime that is. Guess it just wasn't heavy enough to sink.

I must have dug half a dozen wads of aluminum foil and old squeeze tubes from between 6 to 8 inches.
There just has to be a ton more coins there but I'm going to have to wait until a good soaking rain
or just get lucky and hope there's another root holding a coin with my name on it.

HH
Gary

Great find Gary hope you find lots more.

:clapping: very cool

we should call you the "V" man

I'm posting the pics a little later...spent all day with the lady out exploring Indian caves and then went tot lot'n with her.

Maybe I'll just start another thread and post a bunch of pics with today's adventures.

Gary

Congrats ! Seated Half is still on my Bucket List.

Way to go Gary,
I was tickled when I finally dug an 1899 coin. It was a V nickle but that date had elluded me..It was my Grandfathers birth year,