Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Vaquero wireless setup

Ism

My XP Deus is in the shop so when I jewelry hunt, I always go back to the Vaquero. Since the Deus, I hate the wired headphones so I went on-line and found the
Rapoo H3070 2.4GHz wireless headset for an incredible price of $20. I took a chance and bought a pair because I read that this particular brand has no lag..
That price no longer exists (post in Metal Detecting Forum). I think someone bought out the stock because I can't find them for less than $40 now.

It has a small transmitter with 1/8 stereo jack so you will need a 1/4-1/8 stereo adaptor. A while back I made a cable that has a 1/4 plug for the control box connected
to a wire that runs through the shaft and connects to an 1/8 jack in the end-cap so that I could use ear buds.
The cable is generally shorter and gets in the way when digging not to mention getting yanked out of my ears from time to time.
The end of shaft jack greatly reduced the problem but I still hated the loose wires.

I happened to have a right angle 1/8 adaptor and saw that I could mount the transmitter using the end of shaft jack.
The location would protect the transmitter from damage as well as make a great mounting location for Velcro.

The set-up works great, there is ZERO lag but the audio is a little bit muffled. It poses no problem for general detecting as all the audio still comes through.
I believe it is caused by the output of the Vaquero and not the headset. I have a couple other attempts at wireless with the same results on the Vaquero only.
I didn't try the headset on my other detectors because they are disassembled. There is also a volume control on the headset which is a nice feature.

Make sure that you are purchasing the headset with the 1/8 stereo jack transmitter. Rapoo makes a variety of headsets.
One has a transmitter that is for a USB port, the other is 2.4GHz Bluetooth.
DO NOT BUY BLUETOOTH FOR YOUR DETECTOR!

Thanks for sharing. I'm going to have to give wireless a try.

tabman

Thank you for the post. I may have to add wireless to my xmas list. I like the idea of not getting tangled up in my headphone cord.

Is this the set up that has a Built in Microphone in it as well Looking at this on a site and would like to order but not sure on the Microphone Part ? Pic looks the same as your set up

Yes, mic is built in but must be in the earpiece. You wouldn't know it has the option until you read the instructions.

Got mine and I must say I cant beleive I did not have these sooner they work great on all my Tesoro units Thanks for posting this

After reading this post I ordered mine. They are awesome they work like a dream. Tried them with some music they sound incredible. A must have

Has anyone tried operating two of these simultaneously? Can they be set up so two people can hear the same detector? Thanks in advance for the answer.