Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My very first find!

Stitcher71

Hello all! Well, I'm finally in Florida and was finally able to take "The Beast" out and play with it for the first time. Of course I waited until almost dark to do it! Duh! So, I take it out at my brother's house. Get the arm extended and find a comfortable height. Preformed a frequency scan and then a ground balance. Damn thing is loud...even after turning the volume down. I start just swinging it around and pick up a few signals. I was close to the house so I moved further away and started a little search pattern. Low-high, low-high...hmmm so I did my best to pin point...my brother had thrown a penny on nun front of me and I didn't know it. Penny found! So I continued...high-low, high-low...hmmm...nothing had been thrown this time. So I dig and I scan and I dig and I scan and I dig. Finally I get the pin of beer out and dig some more. Poof! I find my first buried treasure!! A 1964 nickel about 6" down! I know I know, no big deal. But for some one who's bever even held a metal detector, it was exciting!

Great detector for your first!!! Congrats on your first find, welcome to the addiction!