Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My winter finds Nox 800 and Sov GT

midalake

TROLL
Had a fair season going, too bad it got cut short. Easter is usually one of my best times! Gold is in the front row with he rings on paper clips, silver is in the back and the clumped up picture is other metals zinc, stainless,,,etc Thanks for L@@king.

Dave

Attachments

• IMG_0688.JPG
    IMG_0688.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_0687.JPG
    IMG_0687.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 324
Wow
Nice were the finds saltwater finds?
Mark

Excellent results..I would say you got it pretty well figured out lol... I don’t get to the shore too much anymore..I have the Sov GT, Excal and Nox 800...I really enjoy the Excal alot for saltwater hunting.... which of your 2 machines do you enjoy using more for saltwater hunting?

Excellent results..I would say you got it pretty well figured out lol... I don’t get to the shore too much anymore..I have the Sov GT, Excal and Nox 800...I really enjoy the Excal alot for saltwater hunting.... which of your 2 machines do you enjoy using more for saltwater hunting?

Well??? This is complicated. I use the stock 10" on the GT, stock on the Nox too. I use the two machines for different conditions now. As a general rule, when I want to hunt the moving water more I use the GT, when I want to hunt the wet sand I use the Nox.

For the most part I am VERY disappointed with the Nox in moving Salt Water. Case in point: One of the gold rings recovered with the Nox was on a pretty rough day where I was low on the beach. I thought at one point I heard something. I re-searched and searched and yes there was a little chirp. All of this while there was moving water. I waited probably 5 minutes for the right conditions where the water drained and sure enough there was a solid 9 signal. It was a one scoop target and got it out. The target was not deep.
If I would of hit that target with the Sov, in moving water there would of been no issues and would of had that target out with out waiting. An important note, I do hunt in all metal pinpoint mode with the Sov.

Now the Sov GT in all metal pinpoint mode on a Salt Water beach is a monster. Super Stable, no EMI issues like I have with the NOX, no issues with moving salt water driving the detector nuts, the only problem...….digging everything. So the trade off is I can do more beach with NOX on a given day, but the Sov will miss NOTHING.
There may be a slight nod to the NOX in wet sand conditions. It runs very stable. Unless there is EMI issues, Hope this helps? I will also say there are different settings that will allow the nox to run better in moving salt water. I am not done with my program testing yet to comment.

Dave

I loved my Sovereign GT. I could discriminate out trash and it would bang on gold. I wish I still had it.

Well??? This is complicated. I use the stock 10" on the GT, stock on the Nox too. I use the two machines for different conditions now. As a general rule, when I want to hunt the moving water more I use the GT, when I want to hunt the wet sand I use the Nox.

For the most part I am VERY disappointed with the Nox in moving Salt Water. Case in point: One of the gold rings recovered with the Nox was on a pretty rough day where I was low on the beach. I thought at one point I heard something. I re-searched and searched and yes there was a little chirp. All of this while there was moving water. I waited probably 5 minutes for the right conditions where the water drained and sure enough there was a solid 9 signal. It was a one scoop target and got it out. The target was not deep.
If I would of hit that target with the Sov, in moving water there would of been no issues and would of had that target out with out waiting. An important note, I do hunt in all metal pinpoint mode with the Sov.

Now the Sov GT in all metal pinpoint mode on a Salt Water beach is a monster. Super Stable, no EMI issues like I have with the NOX, no issues with moving salt water driving the detector nuts, the only problem...….digging everything. So the trade off is I can do more beach with NOX on a given day, but the Sov will miss NOTHING.
There may be a slight nod to the NOX in wet sand conditions. It runs very stable. Unless there is EMI issues, Hope this helps? I will also say there are different settings that will allow the nox to run better in moving salt water. I am not done with my program testing yet to comment.

Dave
That makes sense Midalake...I was not liking my nox in the surf either,too chirpy and unstable...the GT and EXCAL are a pleasure to use..I have the WOT,NEL Thunder,10” coil and NEL sharp shooter... I grown rather fond of the NEL Thunder for wet sand and farm field hunting,it gets depth like the WOT but st gives good separation for a large coil..found me 2 gold rings with it after a few hunts with it.. i waterproof connectors on all my coils to make them interchangeable between the 2 BBS machines... way to hang in there on that gold ring in the surf.... I’ve tried hunting in all metal and can’t seem to do it for very long unless the beach is relatively devoid of targets anyway... I know the BBS machines aren’t very good on gold chains but I imagine in all metal you stand a chance of hitting one from time to time... I found a gold chain yesterday with the nox in freshwater,1st in quite a while,was feeling pretty proud of myself till I saw all the gold in your post lol lol.... happy hunting..

salut

J 'ai revendu mon nox pour les mêmes raison. Il a un manque de stabilité quand il passe au dessus de l'eau et pour résoudre cela il faux à nouveau modificateur les paramètres plage 1 / plage 2 alors que le souverain en auto ne pose aucun problème

salut

J 'ai revendu mon nox pour les mêmes raison. Il a un manque de stabilité quand il passe au dessus de l'eau et pour résoudre cela il faux à nouveau modificateur les paramètres plage 1 / plage 2 alors que le souverain en auto ne pose aucun problème
Translation of beachcomber85 comment
Hello

I sold my nox for the same reasons. It has a lack of stability when it passes over the water and to resolve this it falsifies again modifying the parameters range 1 / range 2 while the sovereign in auto poses no problem