Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Myrtle Beach trip

swankey24

I am heading down to the Myrtle beach this weekend. Hope to see some of you there and maybe find my first gold of the year.

Hello,

Are you heading to Myrtle Beach? The reason I ask is that some people call the Surfside and Garden City areas "South Myrtle Beach". Then there is Myrtle Beach, then some people call the North end of Myrtle, North Myrtle Beach, but, The real North Myrtle Beach (the separate city) is north of the so called North Myrtle Beach of Myrtle Beach! Then, of course you hear of people referencing Windy Hill Beach, Crescent Beach, Tihlman Beach, Cheery Grove Beach which are actually all now apart of the City of North Myrtle Beach! Why did I go through all that? I have no idea. Guess i was just on a roll! Anyway, you are welcome down to the Grand Strand no matter where it is that you are going!

I am in the City of North Myrtle Beach and get to the sand a couple of times a week. I normally hit the damp sand area with my Quattro. Hopefully by next season I will also have an Excalibur and plan to at least get my feet wet! I know the area of the beach I normally detect is not known to give-up many good finds, but I enjoy it since it is "here" and not "there". (No travel involved except for a couple of blocks) I get a LOT of my enjoyment just being out there! A nice find now and then doesn't hurt though!

I will suggest that you look for the largest Resort Hotels to get started. I find, at least here, that the Condo people don't seem to deposit much of the good stuff. (Most of the area here is Condos) If you are "downtown Myrtle Beach", the Pavilion area would be a good place to start too.

Good luck while you are here! Let me know what area you are going to be in and I may run into you!

you left out Little River where my friend lives. Now is that Myrtle beach or the other Myrtle Beach!!!

He also needs to visit your alligator farm. The best time!!

Little River, that would be north of the North end of the City of North Myrtle Beach, just across the "creek" from Cherry Grove Beach which we all know is really just the North end of city of North Myrtle Beach!

Live 3/4 mile from the Alligator Adventure location in the lower end of North Myrtle Beach and have never been there! Or, are you referencing their main location which is away from the coast?

Yes, thats the place around the corner from me. Had Grandkids visiting, but lines were too long for us at the time we tried to go. May have to checkit out!

I am going to try the wet stuff, but the last timw I was there my detector did not work to well. I was able to find a high school ring from California and a Diamond wedding band. Still trying to return the High school ring. Do you know of anywhere that may sell used water detectors down there.