Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mystery relic rifle shell. Ideas

DOP

Hey everybody, we had a break in the mountains snow this weekend and we were able to get up and do some detecting. We came up with a handful of really old shells, but I can’t identify them. Anybody out there know their shells?
Here’s our adventure video and a picture.

E870972D-0A16-4721-8DDE-12EFA81BFE83.jpeg

With the tapered neck and the way the primer has the indent for the extractor/ejector I would say turn of century (1900) or later.
Don't know the caliber. They look pretty big though. Neat find!!

Reactions: DOP
35 Rem
Bingo !!

Attachments

• 46E816E4-1CFA-45C2-BABF-81DD4E7C4FA0.jpeg
    46E816E4-1CFA-45C2-BABF-81DD4E7C4FA0.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 138
Hmmmm. Far left casing has a much taller neck?

Smaller diameter case mouth, same OAL(ish), 7x57???

Just got the chance to watch the video! Gotta love Snoqualmie Pass!!!! Oldest boy lives in Snoqualmie and his in laws have a cabin just off the Hyak exit. Cool country up there!!!

Reactions: DOP
Just got the chance to watch the video! Gotta love Snoqualmie Pass!!!! Oldest boy lives in Snoqualmie and his in laws have a cabin just off the Hyak exit. Cool country up there!!!
Hey! That’s incredible! You from the area? We love it. We are both natives. Been in these woods since I was five years old. They got 25” up at the pass last night.

From N Idaho. Oldest son lives in Snoqualmie so we get over there 2-3 times a year. He likes to play on the forest service roads off exit 54 and comes back out at 58 or 60. Also took me up behind Rosalyn (where Northern Exposure was filmed) and Ronald once, beautiful county!!!