Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Name a Tesoro that you have never owned/tried, but would like to......

straker said:
moomba said:
Toltec 100 . Any thoughts on this one ?

One of the best analog meters ever made for separation from nickel to pull tab. Nicknamed the 'brick on a stick' due to it's ergonomics or lack there of. Would tip over if laid down on uneven surface. Was Tesoro's top of the line in the late 1980s. My second metal detector. Started finding the older nickels and depth was above average to most metal detectors of that era.
There is/was one on the big auction website,but I seen where someone used 2-9V batteries instead and that probably blew the power limiter circuits. Only Mr. Wills can repair them now.

I agree. Great machine with tons of functionality. A little heavy on the arm, so, I always wore as a hip mount. I still play with it once in awhile. It was always a blast comparing what the meter 'thought' things were, and what I actually found. A little time in the field, and it's surprising how often and accurate it turned out to be. Great trash area machine, and like my older golden, notch was helpful in 'limiting' some of the trash, and in some cases, reverse notch came in handy when I was looking for something someone lost... .assuming they had a sample for me to set to. Cleaning out the closets now, and way to many machines to keep. Probably be letting this as well as few other Tesoro's loose.

I had bought a Tesoro Pirana back in early 90's had a problem with it and traded for stingray. is there any pirana's still out there? I think it was pulse machine.

I bought a Tesoro sand shark since I live by MYRTLE Beach but have not found much on this detector. Would love to hear from people who own one. I still struggle on the beach to find anything but tent stakes, cans, pull tabs. Found a pocket of 50 caliber bullets in the water and a cannon ball or musket ball and a juicy couture ring worth 50.00 online.

Saw a guy who lives near me hunt MB with a Nox 600 and all he found was 50 cal bullets. They come in with the sand they pump in from the inlets. I have hunted beaches twice in NC and it just seems to be few targets in them. I rather hunt a tot lot.

Tejon.
Never pulled the trigger.
Now if I don't act fast I may never get to try one.
Well I pulled the trigger
So I guess I change my answer to Cortes. Similar I'm told to DeLeon with more abilities. :)