Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Native American carving into old tree ???

nowforever13

so we where digging an old farm in an area settled since the early/mid 1700s, and right in the middle of the great warpath and set up as one of General James Longstreets camps and we came across this tree which i think is either birch or sycamore.. and this carving was etched into it. the tree is thought to be over 200 years old considering how big it is
i made a video about it for my youtube channel incase anyone wants to check it out there as well Link is in my signature to the channel
please help/ correct what mistakes i made. please and thanks

I'm far from being an expert on anything , but I'm not sure a carving on a living tree would stay that legible for a hundred years or more,,,,but if you find proof that it can , please let me know,,,,it would be cool if it was from that era , and you could decipher the carvings,,

either of those types of tree can grow to be over 100 years old.. even if its 150 years it would be legible for legitimate native american carvings. im just considering that it could be a sycamore.. which the trunk grows to be very very wide the older that it gets ( i believe)
so what we can decipher is that 1. there is a man shooting a bow and arrow. the bow and arrow together means "hunt'
the two images beside of the figure could be either a bird and a lizard or a bird and a deer. meaning that there could be game in the direction the arrow is pointed. i know i cant just up and conclude that the tree is 200+ years old. LOL just speculation.. however i think it is a nice find for the area!

Random pattern of insect damage. In this example it is easy to imagine spider web, bug, snakes, even letters.

You me mentioned it was a longest camp atea, so I am assuming you are in Va. No expert but native Americans in Virginia where Europanized by early 1700's and I would imagine no carving would last that long.. My thoughts, incredibly neat though

well you guessed close... im in tennessee not very far from where he set up his winter HQ, i can agree and see where the earlier poster gets the bug damage thing. im about positive thats what it is as well.. however in our area when the trail of tears happened there was a small band of cherokee that escaped and became the eastern band of cherokee that exists today... its possible that they could have made their way through the area. but im no expert. it is super cool so ill just let my imagination Run on this one.. i may never see anything else like it

It's aliens. They are everywhere. Also found I can't trust electrons. They're also everywhere. If my wife was still alive she would be cracking up. But hey, it's true-----maybe.

The carving in question appears darker than any of the surrounding carving thus i believe it to be the most recent as older carvings fade and distort over time...

id noticed that later on when looking at the carving again... theres no telling how old this is though. considering how far i had to walk just to see the thing