Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nautilus DMC-IIB

I live in the UK and for years used the Nautilus DMC-IIB and thought it was the best deep seeking discriminating detector I had ever used. Built in the USA by Tyndall Electronics, Coats.

How many of you remember how good this detector was/is?

I have one-but things are so trashy its never used-unless I hit Civil War sites.
Your situation is much different there-items many thousands of years old +deep...................

Have never used a Nautilus but had the opportunity to buy one about 5 years back,if i am honest i think it was they way the batteries had been mounted that put me off,but have since found out that they never have caused any reliability issues,but since i have the 2 Nexus machines i doubt that i will need to add a Nautilus to my arsenal.

The hardest problem with you i would think is choosing which one too use as you have more than one :rofl:

We started off using the old horseshoe handle LF. That thing was a monster to swing all day...and believe me...from dusk 'til dawn. It found civil war relics hand over fist. After retirement of that one, I got the Dmc and did very well with that. Then came the 2b which I still have, has undoubtedly found most of my confederate collection, not to mention union artifacts and coins, old and new. I have it packed up and ready to send in for a tune-up and a new coil. I believe it can still keep up with the VLF's of today.

Yes got a IIBa when they first came out. Dug My Deepest Indian coil for coil with it. It was 12" with a 8" Coil. The S-Rod set-up was alrite till I got a " Little" older. Then did the Whites Rod conversion much easier to swing. It has a Sweet Modulated Disc. Only tone it gives on super Deep coins that is addicting. The Indian had it. Once You hear it You don't forget it.

[size=large] One of the best detetectors ever made !!
I got one when they came out and got one of my first US belt buckles with it. I was off the side of a hill from an artillery position and got a good signal. Dug and dug, and dug, and dug... (I can't remember if pinpointers were out then but I didn't have one) I had been very careful digging but at 16", I said "to crap with it." I slammed the shovel in the center of the holes (by now it's big enough to bury your family pet in) and a couple inches in, I heard that terrible sound... metal against :rage:metal. I put a big scratch mark on the front of an absolutely beautiful plate. One of my first impressions with the DMC-IIB. I will admit, it took my brain awhile to adjust to the audio but once you pick up on it, your good to go.

HH, Richard
[/size]