Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nautilus Question

Happy_Hour

Would like to try this detector. Of all the models, which one would be the best to learn.

Try either the DMC-2b, or 2ba; the first one needs manual balance of coil winding's, the second does it electronically (touch of a button).
Both have high transmit power, with the edge going to the 2b which is adjustable, the 2ba its fixed.
(If you hunt really bad ground the DMC-4b is better, 4kHz and uses 6X 9volts instead of 4.)
Hit the Beep & Dig Forum for more info, or Comparisons. :thumbup:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiCbyP-BKjk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDajpMyNAbQ

I always preferred the IIBa as I am a set it forget it type Guy. Also My first Nauty was the IIBa when they first came out. It had the thicker heavier coil which never gave Me a issue like some of the newer thinner ones did. Wish I still had that first one as dug a 12" Indian head penny with it using the 8" coil non the less.
They have a sweet soft modulated soft disc. only tone on deep coins. Once you dig one you will not forget it.

Also, the 2-b retains the all metal and discrimination sensitivity. You can run all metal sensitivity higher than discrimination giving you about 2” or so more depth that discriminate won’t beep on.
Remove the first couple inches, if it gets louder but still no beep, it’s a bad target.

If it’s a good one based on what you are discriminating out, then it will beep, even if a slight chirp initially.

With the 2-b you will also notice as the coil gradually goes out of balance, if it does.

With the 2-ba it will go from working to not if the coil goes out of balance but you won’t know it until it quits.

Hope this helps

I have all the two version of nautilus... and the only drawback is the weight.
sometime i prefer the IIa because I'm lazy... i think it's a great machine in clean areas and for deep search.

the IIa could be easily modified to have the "preset control" moved on the panel.