Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Naval Jelly link (Info that might help in cleaning)

JoanInCreek

I checked out aluminium jelly but the info on line does not praise the product . Might just be for small lightweight, simple items, not heavy duty. So I checked out naval jelly which is what my son used to clean metal a few years ago (he used a pink color). Here is a link that might be helpful: http://www.shorechemical.com/Section%207%20Tech%20Sheets/naval_jelly.htm

Naval Jelly leaves a black finish on whatever you put it on...
It removes the oxide from the rust, and leaves this black coating that is VERY hard to remove...I would not recommend it...

HH,

BH-LandStar

[quote BH-LandStar]Naval Jelly leaves a black finish on whatever you put it on...
It removes the oxide from the rust, and leaves this black coating that is VERY hard to remove...[/quote]
Yes, it's the phosphoric acid that reacts with rust and turns into a black coating. I use it to rust proof vehicle frames and garden tractor attachments before painting.