Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Navy House - circa 1702

WXDirt

Just got permission to search this property...if I was a bettin' man, I'd say this is one of the oldest continually occupied house in the DoD inventory. Unfortunately, I'm restricted to the areas marked as zones 1 and 2 in the photo. And I'm running out of time. We graduate on June 11th, and I'm restricted to 9AM-2PM Monday thru Friday...only when I can break away from "work" on occasion. Sucks, cuz this place has some real potential! Two searches so far...couple of finds, but nothing too old....yet...but it sure is fun! If anyone's interested, I'll update this post from time to time...

BK

Only had an hour this morning, so I hit a stretch along one of the stone walls in zone 3. My headphones about exploded on that 2.25" round thing...anyone have any idea what it is? Got it at the spot indicated by the red dot. Seems too heavy to be a knob from a pull drawer...about the size of a doorknob. Thought I really had something with the trash can lid...down about a foot...had to dig a crater! The tiles were under the lid...may have been a trash pit...some broken glass too, but no bottles. I was already too deep for the tenant, so I didn't push my luck. First time out in 20+ years with no coins...still a good time!

HH,
BK

Carelessness ruins the day! Got a near flawless 2center from the south lawn today...down in the roots...gouged it pretty good. :ranting:
'fraid I'm outta time on this property...movers pack up our stuff next week. :thumbdown: I KNOW there's good stuff in that place, but I think it's just out of reach of my little F5.

Peace,
BK

Maybe too small to be a doorbell, ..maybe a door knob to a dresser or cabinet.

That is a great place to hunt...love the 2 cent piece, also..Congrats on all those finds

Magz

1864 2 cent
1939D Merc
1946 Rosey
1965 half
3 x wheaties
26 x memorials
2 x Jeffersons
14 x clad dimes
3 x clad quarters
...and a whole lot of cool trash

Magz, good to see you back here! I think that flag thing is the top off an old bicycle bell...it's about the right size, and it rings pretty good too. This was an absolute blast to hunt...just wish I had gotten permission earlier in our tour here. Newport is an absolute blast...Morton Park is still loaded, BTW...in case you're in the area. Hopefully the job will allow me to dig around in SW Illinois...we shall see...

n/t