Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Neat Find With The Deus

slow'ndown

Fortunate to get permission to hunt a camp area for kids. There is some old history to the site but the majority of the area has been landscaped and developed over the years, so almost no original ground left as evidenced by only recent clad coins, etc. However in one small area I found this old hub cap, and a '45 Merc (my first silver with the Deus). On -line research indicates that it is a brass hub cap for a Ford Model T with wooden spokes, made between 1913 and 1916. There was a large dent in one side, and the screw in threads were partially torn off. Looks like the driver must have hit something that tore the cap off and he then discarded it. Maybe he had a few too many. Anyway, it's fun to speculate about what might have happened. Personally, I think it is more exciting to find something like this than an old coin, even though it has little or no monetary value. Thought I'd share this with you all.

That's a pretty neat find! Not many people on here can say they ever saw one... yet alone dig one. :)

I found a brass token once commemorating 30 years of excellance - Ford Motor Company.

Those are neat finds aren't they?? I got many of them over the year with all Fords and 1 Chevrolet. Most all of them have a slit on the side of them also and some even the sides are crushed and was told by a old timer that they use a chisel to get them off and this is why there is a cut in the side of them.
Got a few of the 30 year anniversary tokens too that were given out at the 1936 wold fair if I remember right the info I had got. the Model T and the A had a interesting key too that have number on them, was told if you needed a new key and knew your number the parts dept would go in the back and get one of the same number as they were not cut like the ones we have today. I must have around 20-25 of these keys now and we find one every once in a while yet. Find some of the old points they used too and think there was 1 point to every cylinder.
These old Ford are interesting when you find some of the things they had.

Rick

jcgam said:
Nice finds!! I still haven't found any silver coins.

Not trying to sound like a wise guy but are you searching areas where they should be? Even if the site you are hunting has the right age, if there is a hard layer that keeps coins from settling much past a few inches, the silver might be long gone. Are you finding Wheat cents in the areas you are hunting? If so, that is a good indication you have some silver hiding. With the Deus, see if the trashy sections still hold keepers that other detectors missed from the number of targets.

If you get your coil over them, the silver will show up . . .

Andy