Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Neat park finds. More firsts! Creepy discovery...

laynecarr

Hunted a local park with some history and lots of trails. Found three of the same little buttons. Need to clean up a bit to get to the details. All clad coins. Found these two heavy, ornate metal containers together. Not marked, but when I was able to get the top off the pink/gold container I found of baggie full of....cremated ashes. I figure this was someone's pets. Any guesses? I found both containers in a plastic baggie when digging. Miniature burial urns are definitely a first!

Mike

How cool is that? Great finds! Nothing creepy to me about you keeping them, a couple of thousand years from now an Archeologist would have displayed them too..quite a trophy.
Mud

at first glance those look kind of cool....but now knowing what they are - not so much... not telling you what to do but if it was me i believe i would return and bury them where i found them, only deeper and then put iron on top so i would be less likely to re dig them up in the future.... might have been someones wishes to be laid to rest in the park...... happy hunting....

I was thinking the same, if they are not solid gold or silver, I would just put them back in the ground on your next trip.
I would not think any less of you if you kept them, but realistically the value to you is very little.

It is my intention to return these urns to the place they were buried. Not supersticious, just respectful of the departed and final wishes. I thought the pictures and story would make for interesting conversation on the forum.

When water hunting here on the Gulf Coast we find a lot of cremation tags.I toss them back,but some collect them......the park may have been the only place to bury them if they lived in a high-rise or it was the park that they visited often.It is an interesting find.... like you,I would return them.....

Certainly odd finds. I met a lady who had an odd container on a necklace. My curiosity got the best of me and just had to ask about the item. She told me that it was some of one of her parents ashes. To me that is extremely Weird.

I will not judge you on your decision. When it is my time, i want to be cremated then added to a bomb canister and dropped on some terrorists head.