Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NEED A SUGGEST FROM YOU ALL !:wiggle:

SERIC

To beat the increasing competition I made up to look wherecompetitors are usually absent
We all know it's impossible to dig by the long scoop as the water level exceeds 130/140 cm, because our body has no longer sufficient weight and also because moving to lift the scoop it is unconfortable and likely to drink.
The level of the lake where I go is very stable and has few centimeters only of differece trough seasons..
So I invented to add to me a lead belt weighting enough to keep me on the bottom and with the mask and snorkel I can walk with the water surface just over my head, using the metal detector as if I were on a dry land.
You can not go deeper lengthening the snorkel because the water pressure prevents breathing.
When I find a signal, I lie on the bottom with my face close to the signal and fanning by my hand or helping me with a small plastic rake I can dig the target.
This system allows me to look for in a strip of the bottom width about 3/4 meters only but unexplored by others.
Wonder if someone uses similar systems or I am the most mad in the word !
Suggestions , tips , or original ideas from you all are WELCOME !
Thank you.
Seric

Sounds like a good idea to me. Be careful, make sure you have a quick release system on the belt in just in case you need to drop them quickly.

A lot of my friends that wade wear weights on a scuba weight belt so they have the weight and leverage you need when they go deep. I have given them to them cause I find a lot of weight belts underwater. A scuba belt HAS a quick release buckle. You HAVE to have one if you want to be safe.

Hey Fellow Mad Man, I couldn't believe your post. I metal detect in the water the same way. Please make sure your weight belt has a quick release, more than once I have had to drop the belt and come up, I spook easily, swimmers and kids bother me. The lakes where I live are cold so I wear a 3mm wet suit with 3mm boots.
Due to back surgery I had to sit out last season but now Im ready to go after the gold. Enjoy the hunt. Planchkr