Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need advice on gloves for dredging/highbanking?

tvanwho

My gloves keep wearing out the fingertips while dredging or digging by hand. Its not very much fun getting sand or tiny rocks stuck under my fingernails. I've been getting the cheaper gloves that are cloth with rubberized fingertips or the cloth gloves with rubberized polka dots on.These are great for gripping things underwater but again, the fingertips wear out in under 2 hours of digging. Leather work gloves are totally useless as they feel like slime when wet!!
I don't wanna spend too much either unless the gloves are almost indestructible and still waterproof?

-Tom V.

I always used the cloth with blue rubber on them. They would wear out after awhile but were the best I found. You could try the cut resistant ones they may last longer.

The finger tips wear out in a couple hours of use....Am hearing Kevlar is the way to go except they are expensive,like 25-100 bucks a pair, and my friend says they expand when wet which aint't so good. I wonder if a scuba shop would be the place to go to check on divng gloves perhaps? Some of the better gloves even have steel woven into the fabric,anybody ever used these?

-Tom

Hardware store as simple all rubber/neopreme gloves work just fine,find the thickest for the the cheapest as NO gloves ever last as ungody gold crazed rock chuckn' wears'm all out. I put on a nice pair of $1 store elcheapo cotton under to help keep hands from gettn' too sore-John

I bought a pair of the Atlas cloth gloves with the blue stuff on at Ace hardware store , guess I can try them out, am tempted to dip the finger tips in a can of yellow Plastic Dip stuff.
Has anybody else tried this to toughen up the finger tips that wear thru first thing?
Has anybody used Kevlar gloves or steel braid reinforced gloves, wonder if they are worth the extra expense? What gloves does Steve H use I wonder?

-Tom