Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need Advice!!

Eagledigs

I am primarily civil war relic hunter in Mississippi and search for coins when I can't make the long drive to my hunting spots. I have an AT Pro and have enjoyed success w/ it. I am looking for a backup/upgrade machine and looking hard at the F70 or F75. Is there a big drop off from the 75 to the 70 as far as performance is concerned? Financially, I can get the 70 but would be stretching it w/ the 75..Again, I am looking at this from a relic hunting point of view..Thanks for the help!

Finances always determine the end results but the 75 se or ltd have a cashe and boost process mode that are in my opinion worth the purchase price but again dont make the hobby a burden if you neeed less expense you should do great with either;
Just my pennys worth; ant got two cents to waste :)
Grumpy

the f70 is a dang good machine its so light and balanced, i recently got rid of mine and got the t2se i can honestly say where i live the t2 is not much better if any on depth than the f70 on coins but on relics i think the t2se is better so im sure the f75se would also be better on relics. im sure more will chime in and give you some good advise good luck hh

Some of the best advice I have seen lately... Listen to him. !!

So many people over spend on a detector looking for that extra depth.When in fact it may not be there with the detector you struggle to pay for.......... everyone gets visions of greater depth with their next purchase... 10% more.........15% more ............ Wow .......that is a lot they think..well ya know what.if your getting 8 inches now 10% more is .......8 tenths of an inch..... just a little over 1/2 inch more.

Now be realistic how much good is.8 tenths of an inch going to gain you. A larger coil for the detector you now have can get you 1 to 1 1/ 2 more inches on a good day....... and even some of that isn't workable depth.

Maybe we would be better off tweaking what we use to get that little bit of difference. Sure we all like new, and the latest and the greatest............ but how many of us down the road go back to that detector we had a few years ago and find it works just fine.. in fact better than ever with the experience we have gained in detecting......

Now I'm not saying keep the same detector forever..........and I'm not saying there isn't better out there sometimes.( Make sure it's better)........I'm saying what you have has more to offer, and I'm saying different coils make a difference. Just because a detector costs $2,000 dollars does not mean your going to start digging 15 inch targets..... Will you do better , Maybe ? .Will you go deeper?.Yep .8 tenths of an inch...

As the commercial says............ It's your money............ use it how you want too...........if you just want a new detector.Go for it !! Like Grumpy says "DON"T MAKE IT A BURDEN"

I gotta add a 1/4 cent here; I didnt mean the 75 ltd was better for depth ; The cashe and boost I personally find is ok on depth but makes the machine better in grasss and weeds where you dont have to scrub the ground or plowed areas ;

Grumpy

n/t

Great advice Elton!! Now here is my two cents on the best relic machine I own now and it is the 1270 with a 10-1/2" coil!! I love this detector even though it's just a beep and dig it gets extreme depth in mineralized soil! And it's very affordable 594.00 brand new or you can pick them up occasionally used, but hardly ever do you see them in the classifieds and this tells you something people who have them keep them cause they get the job done!! Good luck on your search! And Happy Hunting!! By the way I use to use the AT-Pro for relics and I ended up selling it after getting the 1270!

n/t