Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need Advice

jarrow

Got permission to detect a home that was built in 1853. Going to hit it Monday. Which coil do I use. I have 9' 7.5khz, 101/2" 7.5khz, 5"x10" 18khz, 6" digger 3khz

Hi jarrow,
The 10 inch 7.5 khz is the all terrain coil, and with it being a DD coil, you will cover more ground.
It depends on the site in my opinion ... if it's trashy, the 6 inch digger will save your nerves.
Those will be my choices.
Nice pair of coils u have there ... :D
Happy hunting !

10.5", take the Digger but try to just use the 10.5. It really is pretty good at separating in nail infested areas.

It depends at what the ground balance is. I would use the 10.5 probably and the 6 inch if the yard is trashy.

All good replies! I'd do the same. :thumbup:
Leave the 9" MF CC and the 5x10" HF DD at home.

Congtats! And a pic would be nice! I have 2 Vs but none pre1900. California is hard! (BooHoo, I know)

For me a picture is a lot of trouble maybe when I can figure out how I will get one. I don't have the fancy phone

Great coin and very nice pictures! Thanks!

I've been on hunts using my stock gold pack coil and my brother skunked me using a different frequency searching the same ground. I've aldo gone to a digger coil and still got skunked as compared to his other coil. If one frequency doesn't find anything, switch it up, If it's trashy, smaller is better. It's all based on ground balance and soil makeup, you need to experiment.