Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need an honest relic hunting partner

Just got burned by 2 "Friends"..I helped them with about 40 Indian sites..they hit the one I found 15 years ago after I asked them to wait until I could hunt with them...so they are no longer friends!!!
I have some good "historic sites" I am willing to trade sites if you have some.
Only interested in hunting for relics..no beach or park hunting.

And please no theives need applie...just want agood honest relic hunting partner.

Dean

I think all of us have had "friends" that took advantage of sites we originally took them to over the years. In my book, that's the same as stealing and once done, that person will never be trusted (nor invited to any new places found) again.

Thank goodness, my primary detecting buddies here are not like that. good luck on your search for a buddy with a high sense of ethics and for good new sites.

n/t

n/t

Seriously though Dean, I would have taken them to a few spots before I started marking maps for them. There are a few things you can do with a new potential partner until you're absolutley sure he can be trusted.

#1 If you have to use a map to get to a spot, use the old Platt maps. They're a lot harder to follow. Try not to use a map at all and commit everything to memory. I know its hard at your age but try.

#2 You know how this one works :lol: Don't take a direct route. Drive to the general area using backroads and when you get within a few miles start circling in. If they start complaining, tell them you're a little lost.

#3 and most important! Be sure they aren't marking your spots on anything, especially a GPS.

And what Butch said, call them out on it.

Hope you can make it down my way soon or maybe we could meet up with Wess somewhere near you.

Yes I know about THAT place...found lots of bottle caps and pull tabs..I was sure you work with some Gov group to clean up areas!!! LOL

I have never hunted South of NC...found lots of stuff there.
If you ever get up my way..I will take you to good solid sites.

Dean

Gee I will see if I can borrow a camera and photo my map..won't help you guys that much...you know...Canada and all that bush..looks the same everywhere. LOL

2 weeks back I heard a noise near me...scared the hell out of me when I saw the Black Bear...but it as ok...he wasn't relic hunting..and I think he was as scared of me as I was of him.....
we both went our seperate ways...quickly!!!@! LOL

Dean

I have had the misfortune to have met more than my share of detectorists who would dig up their own mothers grave to pry a ring off her finger.
I hate people without honor.
HH
MIKE