Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need an XP Deus2 charger cord.

gwsears

Need a charger cord for the XP Deus2 Remote Control. I don't need the octopus cord but a one wire USB cord with the remote charger/update plug on the end.

Any one seen one anywhere? Does anyone make them?

Thanks,
Geo

They are the older, larger USB cables with the big opening not the micro opening
You can get them on Amazon for 10 bucks.

The connect plug to the Deus2 Remote is not a plug in as was the Deus, it's a screw in plug.

Thanks!

Being such a newly released detector I doubt you will find one at a dealer for a while.
The screw in type plug is what makes it so special and hard to find.
Contacting Deus is most likely your best bet on getting one.

Being such a newly released detector I doubt you will find one at a dealer for a while.
The screw in type plug is what makes it so special and hard to find.
Contacting Deus is most likely your best bet on getting one.
Was afraid of that. I like to use my setup of a seperate cord for each component as I had more than one octopus charge cord go bad.
Thanks!

I think you use the three-way cable for charging the remote, but you need to use the single cable for the ws6 puck. At least that is that I use and it charges fine.

Can you buy a single cable with the screw in plug for the Deus 2?
All the ones I've seen have the three cables attached to it.

I think you use the three-way cable for charging the remote, but you need to use the single cable for the ws6 puck. At least that is that I use, and it charges fine.
Yes, they sent an Erratum for that.

Attachments

• IMG_2078.JPG
    IMG_2078.JPG
    888.1 KB · Views: 66
I was wondering because I am unable to update my remote to V. 07. I keep getting a "USB device not recognized" error and I wonder if it is because the USB cable is bad.

I was wondering because I am unable to update my remote to V. 07. I keep getting a "USB device not recognized" error and I wonder if it is because the USB cable is bad.
If that's your computer saying "USB device not recognized" ignore it mine did the same thing.

I ignore it, but the update doesn't start and I tried it on 4 computers and different USB ports. I will have to stick with V. 0.6 for now, I am afraid.

Emailed XP, but they don't seem to reply to e-mails as I had e-mailed them some time ago regarding another problem and never got a reply.

It was the cable in my case. I cut the original octopus cable and created a single and much shorter USB cable just for the remote and now I am able to update the remote firmware.

I bought a new charging cable for the Deus 2, minus the coil charging clip, from Metaldetector.com. $16 for the clip and $17 shipping.