Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need Explorer 2 Beach program for wet salt sand

Buddy_TX

New to the Explorer 2 and need a good beach wet salt program, have know idea where to start Plese help

Buddy_TX

Buddy, that’s a great question,
When I was beach hunting I didn’t set the machine to a specific program. Hopefully others will help out.
I did lower sensitivity if the machine got unstable.
I can offer this - test gold rings before hand and know the numbers, sounds and where they hit on the display screen, that is what has helped me over the years with my Exp II

Thanks BigTony hope someone will jump in with how to set it. New machine to me and havenot used it yet

Buddy_Tx

Clink the link and watch closely.https://youtu.be/aRRETBO4sJE

Buddy--

Per your post in the other thread, THANK YOU for your service, and I'm sorry to hear about your medical condition.

I am no expert at beach hunting, but I owned/hunted with an Explorer for years, in dirt/turf. I took my first shot at beach hunting this past fall, with an E-Trac.

Here's what I would do...

I would start out in manual sensitivity, set in the low to mid 20s.

Set your variability settting to maximum. Set your threshold pitch and volume to whatever are comfortable to your ears. Set your "max limits" setting to maximum. Set your tones to "normal" and "conductive sounds"

I would set my machine's "iron mask" to -6 (I think it's minus 6; on an Explorer SE Pro, it's 22, but the numbers were different on the SE Pro...I think it would equate to -6 on the Ex II).

I would then leave the rest of the screen, to the right of the -6 Iron Mask, wide open.

Now, hunt away. Listen to your machine -- pay attention to how "stable" it is. If it is running too "noisy" for your taste (lots of low-tone chatter due to the salty sand), you can lower your sensitivity a tad, or if you can't quiet it down, switch to manual sensitivity. But you shouldn't need to do that. Manual, low to mid 20s, should do, unless your sand has alot of mineral/magnetite.

Gold can hit virtually anywhere on the screen, conductive numbers 01 or 02 all the way up to the mid to upper 20s. Most women's wedding bands will ring up with ferrous numbers roughly 08-13, and conductive numbers in the single digits. Many others will hit in the low to mid teens, but so will many pull tabs. Men's gold wedding bands will often hit in the upper teens, conductive. My personal ring hits 08-19. My wife's is like 11-05. Dig anything repeatable/consistent.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Thanks Steve any and every thing i can learn for this short trip will be a plus.

Thanks again
Buddy_TX

This is my Explorer 11 beach program . Its based on my E. Trac programs . Though there aren't as many settings on the Explorer to worry about .

First thing is put the machine into advanced setting . Clear screen and black out nails top left and a similar thing bottom left .

Settings are ,

AUDIO = Volume - MAX LIMIT = 10 , GAIN = 9 --- Tone - THRESHOLD PITCH = 1 , VARIABILITY = 10 , LIMITS = 10 . Sounds - CONDUCT

OPTIONS = ADVANCED . Noise = 1 to 4 , Response = NORMAL , Recovery = DEEP ON

SENSITIVITY = 28 AUTO UNLESS QUIET or lower if necessary.

Threshold hum = 1 above silent .

My Explorer 11 with these had 3 this year out of my 4 for the year . Last year an XS had 2 on the same day . Had lots of others over the years and dozens of Silvers. Thousands in coinage too.

[size=large]Thanks Nuke em,
Like i said earlier All the help on this short trip the better now just hoping I get to make it

Thanks
Buddy_TX[/size]

Find a bobbie pin and bottle cap. Set your iron mask just about the bobbie pin......... ID that pesky bottle cap and disc it out. Dig or kick everything that isnt iron or a shallow bottle cap. The size of coil used will dictate your sensitivity setting.