Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need feed back on Fisher coils

C.J.M.

Would appreciate some feed back please.I have 4"and 10" coils that fit a F-2 & F-4 detectors, what other detectors could use the same coils?:unsure:Maybe some Teknetics??? Thank you(y)cjm

If they have the push-on connectors, they will only fit some BH machines. As far as teknetics goes, the old Tek Mk 1 and its derivatives.

I'm under the old school of using the coils the manufacturer designs from the factory, others may fit physically but not technically.
Absolutely, and especially for the specific model, operating frequency, and then pick the coil type that works the best.

The only time I have an interest in an aftermarket coil is if it is something that was designed specifically for that model and it is something the manufacturer does not offer and if once I try it it works well then it hangs around. With all the detectors I own and use right now I only have one aftermarket coil. That is the new NEL 'Sharp' 5" for my Garrett Apex.

Plus, offhand, I do not recall the operating frequency of the F2 and F4, but I believe it was different from most of the other Fisher models and did not share search coils.

Monte