Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need Headphones for my MXT

imalookin2

I need headphones for my MXT. After reading on line reviews on the Sun Ray Gold there are a lot of posts saying they are too tight. I read the same about the Grey Ghost. I don't want tight headphones and living in Florida sweat would make them worse and pinch my sunglasses. Can you bend the SR phones out some to correct this? I have bought enough of the wrong things and although these phones may be great for your head, they may not be for mine. I don't have a fat head although my EX wife says I do.....I like the idea of leather cups and not vinyl. I guess my concern is can I stretch them out if needed? I see most of them are around the same price except some for $200. NOT. :detecting:.

I don't know about the Sun Rays being to tight, I find mine extremely comfortable and the sound is awesome. I have a hearing problem and never know it when wearing these headphones. I also have a pair of Killer "B's" Wasps that are made by the same person and same warranty.....excellent.

I love my SunRay Pro Gold headphones. Nice comfy leather ear pads! I have wore them in the hot humid summers here in Illinois and they stay put, not tight either, just right! I can't say enough good for these headphones. My number one choice hands down! HH, Nancy

I use Killer B's or Garrett head phones work well at an affordable price and comfort.

Hi and Welcome to the forum.
I run SunRay Pro Gold and I do have a fat head.
I see no problems with them being to tight. Very comfortable...
When I have time, I hunt from 4 to 6 hrs. and they feel fine the whole time. yes in high temps they can get warm, but you will have that in any brand.
I've hunted with a number of different types from the "free" whites to high end stereo headphones and the SunRays have been the best for detecting.
One thing that you need to keep in mind when getting your headphones is to make sure it has a limiter circuit.
You need to be able to run the phones at a high enough volume to hear the "whispers" yet not have them blow your ears off when you run across a surface target.
Without a limiter the MXT can be a little hard on the ears after a short time.
Hope this helps.

HH

Thanks for the replies. I think I will order some Sunray Golds. The ones I am using currently are music stereo headphones and not comfortable at all.

You won't be disappointed. HH, Nancy

[size=large]chuck at Indian Nation Detectors will sell you gray ghost or Sunray gold and if you don't like them he was going to allow me to send them back and he would send the other brand. i chose the gray ghost. not to tight, don't slip around and very good sound. they aren't leather. i've only heard that sunrays are leather. but chuck will give a great deal. i suppose a lot of the dealers and sponcer on these forum will give great deals. ya just need to shop around.

HH [/size]

I use Grey Ghost Ultimates and really like them.

I have used Indian Nations and several other dealers and sponsors. Bart of BBHobbies gave me a decent price with free shipping. I find most dealers can give you a great deal on machines but not a lot off on accessories. I have worked with a lot of them and Bart is one of the more reliable. Bought a straight shaft from Indian Nations for my dual field and they are great too. Headphones ordered! I love new toys and thanks you ALL for your input!

Hello i thought i would let everyone know Koss makes a nice fitting pair of head phones i just purchased a pair of Whites E-series koss 9000 they seem comfortable and loud enough. I had a issue with my gray ghost originals being too tight so lets see what happens. sas

I have used the sunray pro gold with good results, I find them comfortable and the limiter is a plus

Thanks everyone, I received the Pro Gold headphones today and wore them around the house a while to get the feel. They are tight but still comfortable. I think just right to keep them on when digging. The headphones on my Excalibur 2 are about the same but they are uncomfortable. The Gold headphones have better padding and the leather feels nice. I look forward to hunting Sunday weather providing. Thank you again for your tips!

YAHOO! I know you're going to love them when hunting! Keep us posted and HH, Nancy