Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need help about trying to understand something.

TRIPLE-SSS

Hi , The other day I took my new metal detector and my old AT-PRO in the back yard to do some comparison tests on different coins and jewelry. I turned on my AT PRO and it just would not stop chattering. I did a ground balance, lowered the sensitivity, checked different channels and still had a problem I had to bring the sensitivity down to 1 so I could use it. O. K., So I thought maybe it was JUST the AT -PRO. I turned on my new detector and it do the same thing So I brought back in the house and stopped.
The next day I took both detectors in the backyard to find out if maybe it would not happen again. Well, both detectors worked perfect even at full sensitivety like nothing happened. I’m just beside myself and can’t figure out why. I know you get EMI and other electrical interference in neighborhoods which does affect your detector, but why one day and nothing another day.
Any feedback would be appreciated.
TRIPL-SSS

Any ham operators nearby. Look for antennas on the roof. Out to a mile away. Some of these guys push a thousand watt's or more. Plenty to mess up your detector from a great distance. Look for vehicles with antennas. Mobil operator's.
Here a post I made of EMI and locating it.
That little $25 radio works very well for locating EMI near metal detecting frequencies. Try it.

Any ham operators nearby. Look for antennas on the roof. Out to a mile away. Some of these guys push a thousand watt's or more. Plenty to mess up your detector from a great distance. Look for vehicles with antennas. Mobil operator's.
That little $25 radio works very well for locating EMI near metal detecting frequencies. Try it.

Hi, Thanks, good information , very informative, did answer some of my questions.