Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NEED HELP BUYING DETECTOR

deepseeker442

I CAN'T AFFORD GARRETT INFINIUM OR MINELAB EXCALLIBUR.
I AM A NEW B TO WATER HUNTING. I HAVE BEEN LAND HUNTING FOR
OVER 25 YEARS. WHICH ONE WOULD BE A GOOD CHOICE?
THE TESORO SAND SHARK OR THE WHITES PI ?ARE THERE ANY
OTHERS IN THIS PRICE RANGE?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND YOUR INFO.
TONY

If you think you want a PI you should also consider the Detector Pro Head hunter PI.(I belive its an Eric Foster design) You didnt say if you were going to hunt fresh water or fresh. If you are going to use it in fresh water you dont want a PI. Most fresh water lakes have way too much trash for a PI. Tesoro, Tiger Shark and Detector Pro HH both make a good vlf water machine and will work in fresh or salt water.

For fresh water stay away from the PIs. You would not be happy with one in fresh water. I think I would recommend the Tesoro Tiger Shark, Its a very good fresh water hunter and can be hip mounted for dirt hunting. Its not as deep as the ML excal.,,but its a lot less expensive and more versatile. Tesoro's are well made and have a life time warranty . My second choice would be Detector Pro HH Pirate, they are very light and easy to use.
I

1st choice would be an Excal then CZ20/21 then a Tiger Shark. iv owned them all and this is the order of best results iv had in fresh and salt water.PI's are deep but you will dig a lot of deep holes for a Bobbi Pin/Nail...good luck!

Look into buying a Used Excal if you can....

If not.. your other choices are great too..

I wouldn't buy from the Big K Superstore though.... I'd rather buy a used machine first...

Their having issues honoring items that people have purchased New..