Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

need help connecting both 4" and 11" coils to F4

kydigger

I've been using my 4 " coil, hand held, as a pinpointer if my Centech doesn't find the target. Switching to the 4" also works great if I'm having trouble pinpointing with the 11". Switching coils is a little bit of a pain though and, I imagine, not too good for the connectors.

Is there a way to connect both coils?
I'm no electronics pro but I can do small projects. I would think I could use a male connector and two female connectors to make a splitter.

Here are the questions.

Does someone make a splitter?
Would I have to have a switch so only one is running at a time?

Thanks for any help on this.

You would need to do some wire hacking, and use some sort of switch to go between the 2 coils...running both would at least cut your battery life in half, and lead to MANY false signals...It IS possible to do, but I think it would be too much trouble...

its very easy to do, one possibility buy sunray probe for your model and connect in the place cunray probe you 8 coil, or buy 4pdt switch on-on, and connect two coils , its will work the same like sunray . digikey good site to look this type switches. for example this switch MS-500P on-on good luck