Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

need help deciding on waterproof detector

Czhunter

Hey guys. I live in Washington State, and need a good detector i can take out in the rain, and not worry about it. I thought about The garrett at pro, but the tiger shark looks nice, and waterproof to 200 feet. I wont be diving with it or anything. I just want one to hunt in the rain pretty much. Any suggestions would be appreciated.....thanks .

As far as Tesoro goes, unless you are in the salt sand. The tiger shark is supposed to be great. Lots of good reviews.

AT Pro is good but I donot know how it compares to the Tiger Shark.
The Tiger Shark likes fresh water better than salt water.

The Sand Shark Is PI with no discrimination but it is excellent in saltwater but will moan and groan in mineralised ground.
The Tiger Shark has better sensitivity to small gold chains than the Sand Shark.

Both the ATP and the TS are excellent general purpose metal detectors.
The TS can be taken deep while the ATP is 10 foot only.

If you want discrimination with an LCD display then the ATP. If you want to go deep and not worry about water getting into an LCD display and/or donot need the LCD then go the TS.

Just an opinion,
Cheers,
Adrian SS

Any of the Umax, and HOT Tesoro detectors can be put in an Otter Box..I was thinking of a Compadre, then purchased a Silver UMax...I will have someone make me a cheater cord, about 7 inches long that will plug into the Detector, go through the wall, and allow the coil cord to plug into the other end...This way, when not playing in the river, I can pop out the electronics and use the Silver as a loaner,or a car carry unit..The Compadre would have been a Compotter, , This one a Silver Umotter??????? I need a cup of coffee......Nice thing about the Umax line of coils is that they aren't Spider coils., but smooth and easier to swing in water.....

For waterproof, single frequency VLF detectors, both the Tiger Shark and the AT Pro are good choices. You won't go wrong with either.

The Tiger Shark is a heavier machine, but it can be hip or chest mounted. The AT Pro cannot. I have also heard the balance on the AT Pro isn't great when the 11" coil is on it.

I have a Sand Shark, I'm near the ocean. The tesoro work's great, I personally would go with the Tiger shark, great machine, life time warranty. Every thing is water proof. Have fun.

hey.....thanks for your opinion guys. sorry ive been away for awhile,....had a death in the family. the tiger shark sounds nice