Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need help deciding...

Well it looks like I will be able to purchase a second detector soon, Tesoro of course, and I have narrowed it down to two: Outlaw or Deleon.
I was hoping to get some help deciding with some help on two questions,

First, are they both about the same in search depth?

Second, which would you choose and why?

I want to say with the five pin coil machines because I already have the golden with two coils.
Thanks for your input!

Outlaw would be my Choice have owned two different Deleons sold both due to falsing a lot JMHO though

The Outlaw 3 coil package would be hard to beat, then again my wife's Deleon is a nice and deep detector too. With the Outlaw, the advantage would be a fully functional manual ground balance, the Outlaw is my main relic machine. The places I take the Outlaw are old abandoned 1800's farm houses and cellars holes where I can use a shovel as my discriminator.

Both are good detectors. However, I'd go with the Outlaw, because it has a ground balance.

tabman

Both will go deep in mild ground...if you dont have mild ground, or you will be taking it all over the place, perhaps the Outlaw with it's manual ground balance....the DeLeon has fixed ground balance, but lots of power.

I agree, my D has very good depth in mild ground but if you hit much mineralization the ground balance feature of the Outlaw is a must.
BB

I have not used the Deleon or the outlaw, but I do have the Bandido II Umax and love having manual ground balance and the ability to switch coils. I would say choose the manual ground balance option and 3 coils outlaw if you can. I have a 12x10 wide scan coil on the way and can't wait to try it out. Good luck in your decision.

The Deleon is nice, but you have the coil it comes with. I could never get more than 7" on a quarter. But it does love silver. The TID becomes basically useless (hey, it's a Tesoro and speaks better than it displays) and you already have all the Deleon controls on your Golden. Regardless of what people say, TIDs affect depth.

The Outlaw would be my choice. I haven't had one but the Bandido II is a lot like it. The plus over the Deleon would be the ground balance as well as getting it with the stock 8" donut. That is a great coil and you would have 3 different interchangable coils. Plus the no motion retune switch could come in handy at times.

Just my thoughts.

Thank you to all for the comments, I think I am going with the 3-coil package Outlaw, I want a machine with ground balance and with the additional coils I would have 5 different coils to choose from for both machines I own.

When I take the golden out, I start out buy digging pretty much all the lower middle tones (nickels and small gold), some of the upper middle tones (zincs and larger gold), and all of the high tones. Once I get tired, I focus on the deeper sounding high tones and the lower middle tones only. I think my big concern with the Outlaw is if it will hold its search depth when I get tired of digging all the good non-ferrous signals and turn the disc up to just scratch out the zincs? One of my favorites sites has a lot of clad and some occasional silver, and I think I am just missing some silver by just an inch or two with the golden.

I guess what I am asking is will the Outlaw still give good depth while cherry picking for the higher conductive stuff like copper and silver?